Mayor & Councillors
The Gold Coast council area is divided into 14 divisions.
Every four years local government elections are held. At these elections, voters from the Gold Coast elect the Mayor and choose a Councillor to represent their division.
Elected Councillors represent their community to advise Council on decisions that may impact their division.
To find out which division your property is in, use the map on our Divisional boundaries page to search for the property address.
- Phone: 07 5581 5283
- ProfileTom Tate was elected Mayor of the Gold Coast, Australia’s sixth largest city, in 2012. He was re-elected for a second term in 2016 and a third term in 2020.
- Phone: 07 5581 6754
- Mobile: 0417 219 025
- ProfileCouncillor Mark Hammel has always lived in Division 1. Elected in 2020, Cr Hammel is delivering on road upgrades, enhancing parks and sports fields, building footpaths and bikeways, and improving public transport.
- Phone: 07 5582 8555
- Mobile: 0412 242 622
- ProfileCouncillor William Owen-Jones serves the people of Division 2. Cr Owen-Jones was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 2012. He continues to work hard at delivering outcomes for the northern Gold Coast, supporting continued investment into community and sporting facilities and road upgrades.
- Phone: 07 5581 6598
- Mobile: 0424 778 999
- ProfileCouncillor Donna Gates serves the people of Division 3 and has been the City’s Deputy Mayor since 2012. Cr Gates is an experienced representative who knows the northern Gold Coast intimately.
- Phone: 07 5581 1680
- ProfileCouncillor Cameron Caldwell serves the people of Division 4. A seasoned community advocate, he is currently serving on four committees. He was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 2012. Cr Caldwell’s office is in Paradise Point.
- Phone: 07 5582 8400
- ProfileCouncillor Peter Young serves the people of Division 5. He is driven to deliver projects and outcomes that benefit local communities and the future of the city, and to protect our way of life.
- Phone: 07 5581 6280
- ProfileCouncillor Brooke Patterson serves the people of Division 6. Cr Patterson was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 2020. She understands some of the most pressing issues facing this area are traffic, transport, safety, open space management, enhancing our green spaces, better public park lighting and building smart city infrastructure.
- Phone: 07 5581 6434
- Mobile: 0409 886 540
- ProfileCouncillor Ryan Bayldon-Lumsden serves the people of Division 7. Cr Bayldon-Lumsden was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 2020. He was born on the Gold Coast and has lived his entire life in the division he represents.
- Phone: 07 5582 8206
- Mobile: 0414 180 008
- ProfileCouncillor Bob La Castra represents Division 8. Cr La Castra was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 1997. With a long history in the arts and entertainment, and as a former board member of Destination Gold Coast, he Chairs the Economy, Tourism and Events Committee.
- Phone: 07 5581 1883
- Mobile: 0419 558 685
- ProfileCouncillor Glenn Tozer serves the people of Division 9. Cr Tozer was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 2012. He was re-elected to office in 2016 and again in 2020, and is currently appointed to the Lifestyle and Community Committee, the Water, Waste and Energy Committee, and as Deputy Chairperson of the Economy, Tourism and Events Committee.
- Phone: 07 5581 6171
- Mobile: 0416 599 374
- ProfileCouncillor Darren Taylor serves the people of Division 10. He is committed to building the economic fortunes and business confidence of our beautiful city. Cr Taylor was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 2020. Cr Taylor’s office is in Bundall.
- Phone: 07 5581 7282
- Mobile: 0405 414 931
- ProfileCouncillor Hermann Vorster was elected to the Council of the City of Gold Coast in 2016. He serves the communities of Robina, Varsity Lakes and part of Burleigh Waters.
- Phone: 07 5581 6382
- Mobile: 0475 677 181
- ProfileCouncillor Pauline Young serves the people of Division 12. She is committed to preserving what’s important to locals, protecting our natural assets whilst ensuring that future generations will have sufficient resources to accommodate the lifestyle we enjoy.
- Phone: 07 5581 6228
- ProfileCouncillor Daphne McDonald serves the people of Division 13. Cr McDonald was elected to the City of Gold Coast in 1991, served as Deputy Mayor from 2007 to 2012, and has represented the southern Gold Coast for the past 30 years.
- Phone: 07 5581 5275
- Mobile: 0438 810 023
- ProfileCouncillor Gail O'Neill serves the residents of Division 14. She is a strong and experienced representative who understands the importance of the preservation of our beaches and hinterland, whilst striking a balance with good, sustainable development and economic stability for local business.