Fees apply for hosting free community events in Gold Coast parks. If your event is not a free community event, other fee structures apply – refer to the Fees and bonds below for details.
|Low impact event or community activity
|Medium impact event or community activity
|High impact event or community activity
Fees and bonds for other events in parks
We apply a user-pays model to events held in City parks. If an event provides the opportunity for a person or business to make commercial gain, a venue hire fee will apply.
Low/medium/high impact fees are determined upon assessment of event applications. Factors that are taken into consideration may include:
- physical impact to the park such as event infrastructure and access – for example, fencing, staging, marquees, food trucks, vehicle access
- number of participants/spectators anticipated
- classification of the park – for example, a premium foreshore destination park
- use of park amenities – carparks, toilets, showers
- displacement of the general community to use the park and its amenities as normal
- the level of commercial use.
A refundable bond may also apply to your event. Bonds vary based on:
- scale and size of event infrastructure
- duration of the event
- number of participants
- location profile and level of park embellishment
- seasonal weather conditions
- the types of vehicles required onsite.
Standard bonds range from $1000 to $5000, while events with greater impact will incur a larger bond.
If your event is not a free community event or is held at Broadwater Parklands, Kurrawa Terrace or the Village Heart, other venue hire fee structures will apply. Please refer to the Register of fees and charges for fees under the below categories:
- Park and reserve hire rates
- Park usage: use by conference and corporate associated events
- Hire rates Temporary Commercial Recreation Activities
- Broadwater Parklands
- Village Heart
- Kurrawa Terrace