The City of Gold Coast is the only local government in Australia to provide incentives to attract film and television productions to our city and generate investment in our regional economy. The Program's purpose is to:
- grow the level of screen production on the Gold Coast
- grow the level of post-production on the Gold Coast
- attract key industry professionals to the Gold Coast
- provide 2 days of location scouting for specific productions in final financing stage to ‘lock-in’ the production for the Gold Coast
- create ongoing employment opportunities for Gold Coast residents
- provide opportunities for Gold Coast businesses to supply goods and services to the screen industry.
- Screen productions can be feature films, television programs (including drama, documentaries, factual, reality, entertainment series), games, animation, SVOD and online content.
- Applicants can be international, national or Gold Coast productions or post-production, games, animation and visual effects studios with a track record of successfully delivering and screening completed projects.
- Productions must have an Australian broadcast or screening in place or under negotiation.
- Applications must be made by the company responsible for undertaking the activities of production.
- The production and/or post-production office of the program must be located on the Gold Coast.
- A minimum Gold Coast production or post-production expenditure of $750,000.
- Applications must be made prior to the completion of pre-production.
- Number of Gold Coast employees being a minimum of 50% of total crew roles
- Value of Gold Coast investment
|Value of Gold Coast Expenditure
|AUD$750,000 to $2 million
|AUD$2 million to $5 million
|AUD$5 million to $10 million
|AUD$10 million to $20 million
|AUD$20 million to $30 million
|AUD$30 million to $50 million
|Over AUD$50 million
- Completed application form (below)
- ASIC company information
- Project synopsis, list of key creatives and details of anticipated screening
- Production schedule estimating Gold Coast shoot days and locations or post-production schedule
- Production or post-production budget indicating total Gold Coast expenditure
- Estimated number of Gold Coast employees/contractors
Screen Attraction Program application
If you wish to film or take photos for commercial purposes on areas that Council manages, you must obtain a permit from us. Council-managed areas include properties, facilities, roads and beaches.
Council's Permits and Licensing branch issues these licences and can provide advice on the areas that require a permit. You will need a licence to shoot on Council areas if you are a:
- feature film or television show
- television commercial
- still photography (excluding wedding photography)
- student filming.
For more Screen Attraction Program information