Digital growth program for the accommodation industry
We recognise that the accommodation sector is an important driver for the Gold Coast’s tourism industry and visitor economy.
The Gold Coast Accommodation Investment Outlook Study highlighted that:
- 81% of respondents are likely to invest in Digital Marketing and Website Enhancements in the next two years
- 90% of four and five star properties are likely to see investment in Digital Marketing in the next two years
- and 82% of serviced apartments are likely to see investment in Digital Marketing in the next two years.
We are delivering a six-month digital growth program to help accommodation providers retain and increase avenues of income through digital.
The program focuses on one theme each month, with participants completing the full six-month program .
- Expand digital marketing capabilities through building digital infrastructure and/or delivering digital projects to grow businesses
- Retain and grow quality jobs within the accommodation industry
- Enhance the current skill set, particularly in a time where the industry is experiencing a skills shortage
- Build networks with other tourism businesses
Who should attend
You should attend if you are responsible for the implementation of digital marketing strategies and actions within a hotel, motel, holiday park or serviced apartments and are looking to learn how to put into practice digital solutions.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a Gold Coast based accommodation provider
- be the business owner or employee of a Gold Coast accommodation business responsible for implementing digital marketing strategies and activities of the proposed program
- commit to the time requirements of this hybrid training course, which includes digital agency support provided via this six-month program
- commit to delivering the proposed outcomes and recommended targets of the six-month program
- commit to provide the agency with access to your analytics account. This will be used to provide anonymised, aggregated data that will indicate the successful delivery of the program and results for your business. No data will be attributable back to your individual business.
Applications close: 25 October 2021
Notification: end October 2021
The program is scheduled to commence November 2021.
Each month will require attendance at a one-hour virtual training session and a scheduled one-on-one virtual appointment with a digital consultant:
All sessions will be held virtually via Zoom.
- Completed application form including ABN (below).
- Details of the business owner or employee of the accommodation business applying.
Digital Growth Program application
Download application for the Digital Growth Program
Digital Growth Program application form(PDF, 193KB)
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City’s COVID-19 support package for community and business aims to build resilience and support this valuable sector in its recovery efforts.