Do you want to make an impact on your community? Exporting products and services to international markets plays a critical role in driving change for all. The impact you can make is:
- providing job opportunities
- initiating research
- sparking innovation
- building our city's industry competitiveness.
Does this sound exciting to you? If you need guidance on export strategy, explore:
To find out more about the business support services we offer, contact us:
Are you ready to export?
We have developed the Export Assistance Scheme to provide financial support to your export-capable business. If you have already identified international markets for your products and services, this program will alleviate a small proportion of the exporting financial burden.
The program is designed to:
- encourage small- to medium-sized Gold Coast companies to develop export markets
- assist exporters to become sustainable and to increase their export sales
- assist emerging and existing exporters to enter new markets.
In 2021–22, funding will be approved under the following categories:
- Category A, for travel to North East Asia, South East Asia, South Asia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands, will be funded $1500
- Category B, for travel to Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Americas, will be funded $3000.
Companies will be limited to receiving one Export Assistance Scheme payment per annum from either Category A or Category B, up to a maximum of three payments over three years.
Approval for the funding is at our discretion and must be approved by Council prior to travel dates. Approval will be based on the information you provide in the application. Your business must:
- be a registered Gold Coast based business, established for more than two years with an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be participating in an overseas trade show or private meetings for the purpose of achieving export sales
- have verifiable turnover or external cash investment of between $250,000 and not more than $10 million (AUD)
- be eligible for the federal Export Market Development Grant
- be export ready with a clearly defined export strategy and the ability to assign export budget
- own the product/service/intellectual property that is being promoted
- manufacture or produce their products and services in Australia on the Gold Coast or, if produced outside Australia, must provide a significant benefit to the Gold Coast from overseas sales
- complete a short outcomes summary following your trip, listing your meetings and export outcomes achieved or in process.
Your scheme terms & conditions
To receive travel funding, you will need to provide the following documented evidence of your export market visit upon your return:
- summary of outcomes
- copy of travel documents outlining expenses incurred (airfares and accommodation)
- evidence of attendance and participation in a trade event and/or export market visit program
- invoice (excluding GST) with approved grant amount and referencing 'City of Gold Coast Export Assistance Scheme’
- bank statement header showing company name and account details.
You will also be required to complete a business outcomes survey between six and twelve months after receiving funding. This assists us in measuring the effectiveness of the scheme and to further develop your export programs. You may be required to provide information to us at other times.
How to apply
Application forms and details for 2021–22 will be confirmed and updated around mid-year 2021.