This hub aims to connect community groups with skills and opportunities for sustainability.
The City supports more than 1200 not-for-profit community groups that encourage residents to take part in community life. Groups include sport and recreation, arts and cultural activities, and community support services.
Community groups and volunteers contribute to the wellbeing of our city; they help to make the Gold Coast a great place to live.
Grants & funding
Find out about funding opportunities for Gold Coast community groups and access grant writing resources.
We also provide grant writing information for community organisations.
For information that will assist you in your grant writing, see our Tips for grants success(PDF, 143KB)
Subscribe to future editions of our Grants eNewsletter.
View our Privacy notice
Where to find other grants and funding
Training & workshops
The City runs a free training and workshop program for community groups to help them become sustainable. Topics include opportunities for groups to learn more about grant writing, running a community organisation, social media, recruiting and supporting volunteers and many other topics.
To reserve your place, register online for the session using the link in the table below. Places are limited. If oversubscribed, we will notify groups of future workshops.
Upcoming free community workshops
|Date and time
Friday 13 August 2021
12.30pm to 1.30pm
|Grant writing information session
||To secure your place, register online or phone 07 5581 6642.
Friday 17 September 2021
12.30pm to 1.30pm
|Creating a sustainable volunteering program
||To secure your place, register online or phone 07 5581 6642
Tuesday 5 October 2021
5.30pm to 7pm
|Event planning for community groups
||Registrations open 1 August 2021.
Thursday 11 November 2021
5.30pm to 7pm
|Recruiting and retaining volunteers
||Registrations open 1 September 2021.
Other useful resources
A number of other websites have useful information for community groups wanting to start up or manage their affairs:
Community group management
- Community Door is a gateway to information for community organisations in Queensland. It provides resources to help groups to become established and to manage and operate all aspects of their service.
- Our Community is a social enterprise giving access to information and resources for community groups.
- The Office of Fair Trading provides information about incorporated associations, charities and fundraising.
- Not-for-profit Law is a charity providing legal information regarding community organisations and social enterprises. Information can be restricted to Queensland legislation.
- The Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission assists charities to manage their obligations.
- The Australian Tax Office supports group to understand how to start an organisation, legal structures and obligations plus deductible gift recipiency status.
- The Community Services Industry Alliance offers free resources for community organisations to assist with planning for business continuity, including during the COVID-19 pandemic.