Our website gets millions of hits each year, so it's a great place to list your community services and activities. Create a My City account and submit your listing to be included in the Gold Coast Community Directory.
The Gold Coast Community Directory is for community-based organisations that provide community services and activities across the city.
Registration with the directory is free of charge, but is limited to community-based groups, organisations and individuals who service the Gold Coast region, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- provide services that are free of charge, or low cost, or are funded by the City of Gold Coast (council) and can be accessed by people in the Gold Coast community
- run events to support people or groups in the Gold Coast community
- provide advocacy or support services to the Gold Coast community.
Generally, services which are run as a for-profit business cannot list. This includes:
- no win, no fee lawyers
- commercial gyms
- medical and dental services.
If your community service or activity meets the criteria and you'd like to display it as part of our Community Directory, you'll need a few things before you get started:
- an email account
- access to the internet and your email inbox
- a free My City account
- a strong password that includes letters, numbers and special characters
- details of your listing including name, date/s, description and images to promote your service or activity
- at least a week of lead time as we need to check your service or activity meets the criteria before we publish it.
Note: It is recommended to use Chrome or Edge for best results, as other browsers may not be supported.
Okay, let's get going.
Create an account
Go to https://goldcoast.qld.gov.au/mycity
Click on the 'Get started' link to create your free My City account. It only takes a few minutes to set up and registration is instant.
Provide your name and email address and click 'LET'S GET STARTED'
Check your email inbox for a confirmation email from us. Use the link in the email or copy the code into My City to verify your email address.
Set a password that meets the security requirements.
Create a listing
During the creation process you won't be able to preview your listing, so it's important to double check everything is correct before you click the 'SUBMIT' button. When the listing is submitted it cannot be changed until after we have approved it.
When you're confident everything is correct, click the 'SUBMIT' button.
After you create your listing, it will be sent to our Web Services team for review. If the listing meets the criteria, we will publish the listing to the website and send you an email to let you know the listing is live.
Managing your listings
Once approved for publishing, your listing will be available from the 'Manage pages' section of your My City dashboard. At this point you are able to edit the details and re-submit any changes for review.
You can also keep an eye on the status of your listings from this screen.
Manage your account
There are a few simple options to manage your account.
Log out using the side menu when you're done!
If you experience technical issues when logging in or creating/editing a listing, please contact our Web Services team via email: email@example.com.