The Basics of Business Acumen pilot program is designed to empower business growth and resilience.
The program will equip businesses with the foundations of business acumen using a personalised and collaborative approach including:
- business health checks
- one-on-one coaching
- an interactive peer-support environment.
Key program topics
Understanding business fundamentals
- Financial management, including budgeting and cash flow
- Insurance considerations and risk management
- Business structure and legal obligations
- Understanding business expenses and cost management
- Tax obligations and compliance
Developing a business strategy for implementation
- Vision and strategic development for sustainable growth
- Identifying target markets and expanding reach
- Financial planning to execute growth plan
- Continual review and adaptation of the business plan to grow with changing circumstances
Basics of Business Acumen is heavily subsidised by the City of Gold Coast. Participants contribute only $220 each to the consultant.
The program is delivered by a leading consulting firm to a cohort of up to 25 local businesses from the southern Gold Coast.
The program is an invaluable opportunity for your business to gain insights, networking opportunities and the tools needed to take your business to the next level at an affordable cost.
Participants contribute $220 to the consultant (valued at more than $1600).
The program will be delivered within the 2023-2024 financial year.
A director, owner or principal decision-maker must be able to commit time to:
- attend 2 face-to-face workshops
- attend 8 weekly online workshops
- 2 coaching sessions.
- Must be an established small business based on the southern Gold Coast
- Provide a product or service that meets a demonstrated market need
- Need a review of your business plan, financials and target markets
- Have capacity to expand
- Have been operating for more than 2 consecutive years
- Have between 1 to 5 FTE employees
- Minimum $150,000 annual turnover in the most recent financial year
Expressions of interest for the 2023–24 financial year are now closed.
For the latest news on business programs and opportunities, subscribe to our newsletter below.
Sign up for City Economy News
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to read the latest updates and announcements.
View our Privacy notice.