City of Gold Coast recognises that the accommodation sector is an important driver for the Gold Coast’s tourism industry and visitor economy.
The Gold Coast Accommodation Investment Outlook Study highlighted that:
- 81% of respondents are likely to invest in Digital Marketing and Website Enhancements in the next two years
- 90% of four- and five-star properties are likely to see investment in Digital Marketing in the next two years
- and 82% of serviced apartments are likely to see investment in Digital Marketing in the next two years.
We are delivering a fully subsidised opportunity for local tourism accommodation businesses to receive:
- digital health checks
- six keynote sessions. Topics include web and Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO), email marketing, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), social media and digital advertising
- six hours of 1:1 mentoring on-site, access to online learning modules and key takeaways.
This is a customised training and development program delivered by Talk Agency, one of Australia's leading digital marketing agencies.
Find out more in the following video and on the Talk Agency website.
- Expand digital marketing capabilities through building digital infrastructure and/or delivering digital projects to grow businesses
- Customised content suitable for beginners through to intermediate
- Retain and grow quality jobs within the accommodation industry
- Enhance the current skill set, particularly in a time where the industry is experiencing a skills shortage
- Build networks with other tourism businesses
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be the business owner or employee of a Gold Coast hotel, motel, holiday park or serviced apartments
- be responsible for implementing digital marketing strategies and activities of the proposed program
- commit to the time requirements of the program
- commit to delivering the proposed outcomes and recommended targets of the program
- commit to providing the agency with access to your analytics account. This will be used to provide anonymised, aggregated data that will indicate the successful delivery of the program and results for your business. No data will be attributable back to your individual business.
All sessions will be held in person at a central Gold Coast location. Online recordings will be available after each session.
Round 6: February to April 2024 now open!
Applications close: Wednesday 20 December 2023
Notification: January 2024
Program start date: Monday 5 February 2024
How to apply
Complete the following application form. You must provide your ABN.
The program's format is under review. We may expand the program to businesses in the broader tourism industry. If you are a tour operator, tourism supply business or service the tourism industry and interested in applying for future rounds of the program, please email your expression of your interest to: email@example.com
Recent program outcomes
A live dashboard of anonymised and aggregated data, indicating the successful delivery of the program and results for the region is now available, visit City of Gold Coast Digital Growth Program.
No data is attributable back to any individual businesses.