The Growth Accelerator Program is designed to help businesses identify and understand their potential barriers to growth, and determine the critical steps needed to achieve their next phase of growth quickly and sustainably.
The program aims to support the needs of participating businesses, by identifying key opportunities and implementing risk-managed growth strategies and outcomes.
It is aimed at local high-growth businesses that:
- are established on the Gold Coast and have been in operation for more than 2 consecutive years
- are experiencing a phase of demonstrable business growth
- provide an innovative product or service that is aligned to measurable market demand
- have capacity to expand into markets beyond the Gold Coast.
The program is subsidised by the City of Gold Coast. It is delivered by a leading consulting firm to a cohort of 20 local high-growth businesses, which operate within high-value industry sectors identified by our Economic Strategy 2022-2027. The program includes high-level one-on-one coaching and workshops to equip participants to plan and deploy strategies, collaborate, network, and leverage opportunities.
The program will be delivered within the 2023-2024 financial year.
A director, owner or principal decision-maker must be able to commit time to:
- attend 5 half-day workshops in person
- attend 3 one-on-one mentoring sessions including a baseline assessment at commencement
- build on the learnings over a 9-month period (approximately 3 hours per month).
- Must be based on the Gold Coast
- Businesses can only participate in the Growth Accelerator Program once
- Attendee must be a director, owner or principal decision-maker of the business
- Businesses must be experiencing or entering a demonstrable high growth phase
- Meet the following operating criteria:
– 2 years or more of operation
– $1.5 million or more annual turnover
– 10 or more FTE staff
– 30% increase in annual turnover, or projected turnover over the next 3 years.
Expressions of interest for the 2023-24 financial year are closed.
You can subscribe to our City Economy Newsletter for the latest news on business programs and opportunities.
View our Privacy notice.
Subscribe to the City Economy newsletter