The City of Gold Coast will attend the NoVacancy Hotel + Accommodation Industry Expo at the International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) from 31 August to 1 September 2023.
Expressions of interest for the trade mission are now open.
Register your interest
About the Expo
NoVacancy Hotel + Accommodation Industry Expo is attended by over 6000 hotel and accommodation leaders who are looking to:
- share best practices
- maximise occupancy
- increase revenue
- optimise operational solutions
- find help with sourcing products, and
- access some of the best education in the industry.
Innovation on show with over 300 exhibitors in the areas of:
- guest experience and technology
- revenue and distribution
- interiors and refurbishment
- loyalty and digital marketing
- management and operations, and
- housekeeping products.
Hospitality Design Fair is co-located with NoVacancy. It's the only event in Australia focused exclusively on interior design and furniture for hotels, bars, and restaurants. This show brings together designers, architects, owner/operators, purchasers, brand execs and manufacturers showcasing a full spectrum of interiors, from beds to wall coverings.
Trade mission objective
The City of Gold Coast would like to:
- support accommodation providers with sharing of industry best practices and networking with design professionals and local/domestic suppliers
- support accommodation providers in analysing their supplier network
- generate hotel and related business investment in the city
- improve the global reputation of the city as a place for business
- strengthen domestic stakeholder relationships.
Trade mission opportunity
This trade mission targets Gold Coast accommodation providers who are considering a renovation/refurbishment and/or tech upgrades to their property.
As delegates, you will travel as part of the City of Gold Coast’s mission program and be able to leverage a tailored business program inclusive of activities including a two-day expo and summit, business matching and networking opportunities.
NoVacancy and Hospitality Design Fair are free-to-attend tradeshows. However, we are providing an incentive of up to $1000 to eligible accommodation providers. The incentive covers flights and accommodation only, with the incentive payment made post-event.
To qualify, participants should:
- be an accommodation provider within the Gold Coast local government area
- have developed renovation/refurbishment and technology upgrade budgets
- have a timeframe for investment of 1 to 2 years
- have more than 30 rooms
- be committed to sourcing locally as a priority
Previous recipients of this incentive payment are not eligible this year.
|18 August 2023
|24 August 2023
|Pre-departure briefing with mission delegates
|31 August 2023
|Day 1 of trade show
City of Gold Coast supply chain networking event
|1 September 2023
|Day 2 of trade show
|30 September 2023
|Post-event report due (including flight/accommodation receipts)
"No Vacancy is the must attend event for the year. It has all the relevant suppliers and speakers with informative products and technologies. If you want to keep up with trends and efficiencies then you need to attend."
– Facility Manager, RACV Royal Pines
"With an increasing number of hotels and resorts in the Burleigh area we decided this was something we “had” to attend, so that we could assist our owners and our body corporate in making future decisions in this very competitive, yet extraordinarily supportive industry."
– Owner, Cashelmara Beachfront Apartments
"Access to so many providers in one location made sourcing new technologies and soft furnishings simultaneously, an absolute breeze. This saved time in comparing products, reduced costs in both wages and procurement as well as giving us access to local producers, something we are passionate about at Eden! So great to share successes and strategies with those who not only understand but are equally as passionate about tourism and the guest experience as we are. We will absolutely make NoVacancy an annual occurrence."
– General Manager, Eden Health Retreat
Additional trade opportunity
An exclusive Gold Coast Supply Chain Networking Event will be held at the end of the first day of the expo (31 August 2023).
We would like to support local businesses who supply to the hotel and accommodation market. This networking event will assist with the promotion of the Gold Coast as a destination for business investment and to enable supply chain opportunities for the city.
If you’re a Gold Coast-based accommodation provider or supply chain business for the hotel and accommodation sector, please register your interest via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details to come.