Legally, building work and deliveries that make an audible noise must only take place between 6.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Saturday. No work is allowed on Sundays and public holidays.
Building activities include:
- building, repairing, altering, moving or demolishing a building
- installing or removing scaffolding for a building
- providing services for a building e.g. drainage, heating, lighting, sewerage or water supply
- earthworks e.g. excavating, filling or retaining work
- delivery or removal of building materials or equipment.
Applying for an after-hours building and delivery permit
We may issue an exemption permit if:
- works cannot be completed during standard work hours
- works cause a danger to public safety during standard work hours
- the work zone affects public infrastructure, for example, light rail
- works would cause unacceptable traffic impact if done within standard work hours.
The applicant / property owner is responsible for meeting the conditions of an after-hours building and delivery permit. A fine of up to 50 penalty units applies for failing to meet the conditions.
The permit may also be changed or cancelled.
For more information, contact our Development Compliance team:
Phone: 07 5667 5978
How to apply
Use this form to apply for an after-hours building and delivery permit. Payment must be made when you submit your application.
Your application will be assessed in 10 business days.
Once you submit your application, you may be asked to submit an acoustic report prepared by a qualified and practising acoustic engineer.