Private building certifier information

Private building certifiers lodge the following documents with us for archiving purposes, within the Building Act timeframes:

  • Notice of Engagement (form 56)

Application and approval documents

  • Forms 1, 2, 20
  • Decision notice
  • Plans and reports marked as relating to the application
  • Design certificates (form 15)
  • Referral agency notices
  • Documents to support the application
  • Change application (form 5)

All inspection documentation

  • Form 12, 15, 16, 43, 61, 62 and 71 certificates
  • Final certificate (form 11, 17, 21, 29)
  • Notice of discontinuance (form 22)
  • Lapsing reminder notice (form 57)

Download the relevant forms from the Business Queensland website.

Payment of a one-off fee is required when archiving the building approval. For information about archiving fees and refunds, refer to our Register of fees & charges.

If you have questions about lodgement, please call us on 07 5667 5978

How to find an existing private certifier application (PCA) number

An existing PCA number can be located using the City's PD Online service.

My Account

My Account is our secure online customer portal. Registered users can access their information, lodge applications, request services and manage their accounts.

Log in to My Account to use our 'pay later' option when submitting an application and requesting an invoice for payment. You can also:

  • pay bills and manage your sundry debtor account
  • make service requests and track progress
  • perform property searches
  • update your details
  • lodge and track licence and permit applications
  • lodge and track development applications.

For more information and to register, visit My Account.

Related information

Business Queensland – Building forms