Trade waste searches are recommended when buying a commercial property or business that will generate trade waste.
A Council officer will conduct the search and provide details of trade waste approval status, compliance history and pre-treatment devices. We then issue a report depending on the level of search requested:
- Desktop search – a statement of trade waste approval and assessment status. This includes a report of pre-treatment device and fixture information currently held in our records.
- Search and inspection (up to 3 devices OR more than 3 devices). This includes all desktop search information along with a full inspection report, including verification of devices, connected fixtures, compliance and a basic condition assessment (with photos where these would be relevant).
The inspection report will confirm:
- the number and size of pre-treatment devices and that these are sized for the kitchen fit outs / existing facilities at the time of the inspection
- the condition, age and the management of such pre-treatment devices
- if the pre-treatment devices are over 8 years old
- if we have requested an audit of the pre-treatment devices, and the outcome of the audit
- if there have been special conditions placed on the existing property/business' terms and conditions about the pre-treatment devices.
Fees are payable for all search requests.
Pay fees online by credit card on submission. Please see the Register of fees & charges for details of the fees and refund conditions. Alternatively, download the Search request fees and charges(PDF, 232KB)
If you would like to pay by account, use the Application for credit account form(PDF, 86KB) to apply for a Business Partner account.
Cancellation fees may vary depending on the progress of a requested search. If you need to cancel a search, submit a request by email to email@example.com.