All animal owners have a responsibility to provide a safe, healthy and happy environment for their pet and to ensure their pet isn't causing a problem for their neighbours. Learn more about how to report problems with animals.
On this page you'll find information about:
Call us immediately on 07 5667 5990.
You will need to provide the operator with:
- the date, time and location of the attack
- a description of how the attack occurred
- a description and location of the attacking animal.
We investigate all reported animal attacks. A Council officer will then contact you for a statement and to collect other evidence.
If you have a pet, you are responsible for keeping the animal from causing harm or being a nuisance to the wider community. You may be liable if the animal attacks someone or another animal.
If you experience problems with animals including:
- barking dogs
- noise from other domestic animals
- nuisance pets
- fence rushing
- domestic animal odour
- pest animals
- prohibited dog breeds
- excess animals on a property
- unlicensed breeding
- unregistered dogs.
Report the problem at our Report a problem – Animals page. You can also call us on 07 5667 5990 to discuss your issue.
Animal owners have a duty to provide proper fencing and enclosures for their pets and to ensure they are not a nuisance to the wider community. A roaming pet is in danger of becoming lost, injured or killed and can be annoying to neighbours.
Issues with pets you may need to report include:
- a dog not being walked on a leash
- dog's poo not being picked up and put in the bin
- a dog rushing at a fence, causing fear
- an animal taken into a prohibited area
- an animal that causes unpleasant odour or hygiene problems.
To report wandering or nuisance dogs, cats or other pets in your neighbourhood, call our Animal Management team on 07 5667 5990 or email the details of your issue to email@example.com.
You will need to provide:
- a specific address
- animal description
- information about when the animal is usually out to help us action the complaint quickly.
Report concerns about the welfare of an animal or suspected animal cruelty by calling 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625) or by visiting the RSPCA website and completing an online form.
If you are concerned about noisy wild or native animals, please contact the Department of Environment and Science on 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
Learn more about managing nuisance native animals on our Wildlife page.