Animal complaints

All animal owners have a responsibility to provide a safe, healthy and happy environment for their pet and to ensure their pet isn't causing a problem for their neighbours. Learn more about how to report problems with animals.

On this page you'll find information about:

Animal attacks

Call us immediately on 07 5667 5990.

Please see our Accessibility page if you need help on how to call us via the National Relay Service or Translating and Interpreting Service.

You will need to provide the operator with:

  • the date, time and location of the attack
  • a description of how the attack occurred
  • a description and location of the attacking animal.

We investigate all reported animal attacks. A Council officer will then contact you for a statement and to collect other evidence.

If you have a pet, you are responsible for keeping the animal from causing harm or being a nuisance to the wider community. You may be liable if the animal attacks someone or another animal.

Report animal problems

If you experience problems with animals including:

  • barking dogs
  • noise from other domestic animals
  • wandering animals
  • nuisance pets
  • fence rushing
  • domestic animal odour
  • pest animals
  • prohibited dog breeds
  • excess animals on a property
  • unlicensed breeding
  • unregistered dogs
  • dog enclosures in koala areas

Report the problem at our Report a problem – Animals page. You can also call us on 07 5667 5990 to discuss your issue.

Animal welfare concerns

Report concerns about the welfare of an animal or suspected animal cruelty by calling 1300 ANIMAL (1300 264 625) or by visiting the RSPCA website and completing an online form.

Noisy native or wild animals

If you are concerned about noisy wild or native animals, please contact the Department of Environment and Science on 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Learn more about managing nuisance native animals on our Wildlife page.