You are responsible for mowing the footpaths and nature strips adjacent to your property.
Normally we do not mow grass footpaths and nature strips of private residential, commercial or industrial properties.
The only 2 instances where we do mow is:
- For hardship – both medical and financial
- Council have reviewed the area and determined it would be impossible to mow.
How to apply
Applications must be made in writing.
Reviews of our mowing service
Our mowing services are periodically reviewed and you will need to provide an updated application.
You will need to submit:
- a new medical certificate
If your original medical certificate confirmed a permanent disability, you do not need to provide a new one.
For your financial reason:
- a Statutory Declaration stating that you do not have the financial capacity to employ a mowing contractor or
- demonstrate your pensioner status – with your pensioner card or copy of a bank statement
At review time, you are allowed 2 months to resubmit applications before any termination of our mowing services.
For more information call us on 07 5667 5972.
Do you have a concern about your City mowing service?
If you have a query or concern regarding a City mowing service, please call Customer Service on 1300 465 326.
Accidental damage to property by City mowing
If your property has been accidentally damaged by City mowing, submit a claim.
Nature Strip (Footpath)/Road Verge Mowing Policy
View our Nature Strip (Footpath)/Road Verge Mowing Policy at Our policies.