Greenheart Stage 1 – Robina
- Project typeParks
- Project value$25 million
- Project scheduleConstruction May 2023 to early 2025
- Contractor nameJMAC Constructions
Construction on the first stage of Greenheart began in May 2023.
We have appointed a contractor to undertake the construction of Greenheart Stage 1, a new 22.5-hectare park on Stadium Drive, Robina.
A parkland development of this scale has not been undertaken by Council in several years. This project is a significant opportunity to create a premier parkland for the Gold Coast community. The park will provide a new recreation area for Robina and the surrounding suburbs.
To view the complete vision for Greenheart visit our Greenheart masterplan page.
Construction works began in May 2023. They included site investigations and preparing the site for future construction stages. Construction fencing has been installed around the site and construction vehicles will operate within the fenced area.
Nearby residents may notice construction noise and dust, and vibration from compaction equipment. We will ensure disruptions are kept to a minimum.
Construction of new footpaths in the northern part of the site will commence from 8 January with an approximate end date of 31 May 2024, pending weather and site conditions.
During this time, pedestrian access from the cul-de-sac end of Stadium Drive footpath through the site to the existing sports fields will not be possible.
Pedestrian access to existing sports fields will need to be via Cheltenham Drive.
Download a map of the footpath works(PDF, 612KB)
Greenheart Stage 1 will feature:
- Café and separate amenities building with a Changing Places facility that will have an accessible toilet and changing equipment
- Yoga lawn for active and healthy activities and informal recreation
- A fully fenced space for toddlers and primary school aged children with custom design play towers near the café
- Water play area with water pumps and opportunities for imaginative play including leaf boat racing, building dams and sand play
- Barbecues, picnic tables and shelters located near the adventure play area
- Events lawn and flexible stage suitable for large community events, food trucks and ticketed events
- Ball sports area for informal kickabout games
- Outdoor gym suitable for people of different ages and abilities
- Scooter and bike track
- Fenced dog off leash area with agility equipment, seating and shade trees
- Car parking and bus set down area
The park will also include:
- an extensive footpath network
- path lighting
- park furniture
- shade structures
- feature landscape areas
- tree planting.
The current design retains the existing sports fields, riparian planting and wetland area.
Robina City Parklands, Stadium Drive, Robina 4226
View map and directions on Google