Stage 6 will be completed across 2 phases:
- Stage 6A (this project) will be delivered by the City of Gold Coast.
- Stage 6B will be delivered by in conjunction with the light rail works occurring at the same location. These works are expected to take place along Miami Shore Parade and the Gold Coast Highway throughout 2022 and 2023.
Stage 6A will extend the Ernie Tebb Park drainage at Albion Avenue through a newly constructed drainage easement between Albion Avenue and Miami Shore Parade, extending to Nobby Parade and north along Chainey Avenue.
The City will:
- install an upgraded underground drainage network (UDN) from Miami Shore Parade to Nobby Parade, including along sections of Chainey Avenue
- complete works associated with two lots recently acquired by the City – Lot 2/11 Albion Avenue and 40 Miami Shore Parade:
- demolish the existing structures and convert the lots into drainage reserves
- install a UDN and overland flow path from Albion Avenue to Miami Shore Parade
- lower and re-grade Miami Shore Parade to develop a road sag and direct flows across the overland flow path through the two lots
- make allowances for future extensions of the UDN eastward towards Gold Coast Highway and northward along Nobby Parade.
Works will take place between 7am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. Residents will notice earth moving machinery, construction noise, vibration and dust at times. There will be temporary short-term water and sewer shutdowns required at times during construction – residents will be notified in advance.
Full road closures
The following road closures will be required at times throughout construction:
- Albion Avenue, between No.9 and 17
- Miami Shore Parade, from No.48 to the intersection of Nobby Parade
- Chainey Avenue, between No.25 and 1.
Download the Stage 6A Diversion maps(PDF, 525KB)
These closures will be staged to minimise disruption to residents. Detours will be in place and some on-street parking will be restricted. Pedestrian access to properties will be maintained at all times.
Signage will be in place along affected roads advising motorists of the closure. Traffic management will be on site to provide guidance.
Public safety is our priority so please follow signs and traffic control instructions. Ensure children keep a safe distance from the work site.
Map of works
This map shows the locations and delivery timeframes of the multi-staged stormwater drainage upgrade within the Mountain View Avenue catchment in Miami.
Click to view full size image in a new tab.
Download a map of the Mountain View Avenue catchment works(PDF, 139KB).
Accessibility is important to us. For other formats of this item, contact us.