Pimpama Sports Hub
- Project typeCommunity
- Project scheduleProject commenced 2019 | Phase 1 – completed early 2021 | Phase 2 – scheduled for completion late 2021
- Contractor nameADCO Constructions Pty Ltd
- Completion Date30 December 2021
The City is part-way through construction of the Pimpama Sports Hub. This integrated aquatic, sporting and community precinct will provide significant social and community benefit to the northern Gold Coast.
With the population expected to more than double by 2036, the City is delivering a range of sporting and social infrastructure to existing and future residents.
Our goal is to make the northern Gold Coast one of the most liveable and desirable areas of the Gold Coast. This sporting and community hub will be a place to engage in social, cultural, recreational and educational activities like never before.
Pimpama Sports Hub occupies a 14-hectare site on the corner of Rifle Range and Bull Roads. It will provide:
- a state-of-the-art aquatic centre with 50 metre Olympic-standard swimming pool
- netball and tennis facilities
- recreational and sporting options for surrounding schools and residents
- multipurpose meeting spaces
- fitness centre
- a large events park for gatherings
- community park
- 1 kilometre walking trail with distance markers.
Phase 1 is now open and includes a netball centre, community playground and an outdoor event space with a natural amphitheatre.
Visit Pimpama Sports Hub
- The approved master plan is a mix of community, aquatic, sport and recreational facilities.
- The bushland aesthetic will be enhanced with a walking trail, community park and a natural watercourse while retaining 30% of the vegetation.
- This design has a combination of solar power, battery storage and co-generation systems. It includes 910KW of solar and 316kWh battery. The cogeneration system will use natural gas to generate both power and thermal energy to heat the pools.
- On completion there will be internal and external CCTV cameras for security and safety.
Main construction commenced in December 2019.
- We're working to minimise impacts to traffic flow.
- Temporary road closures may occur intermittently to allow for oversized haulage vehicle deliveries.
- The contractor is undertaking all works within legislated guidelines to manage noise and dust.
- Construction activity is only creating low to medium noise.
- Most site access is via the contractor's construction compound off Bull Road, opposite Oakwood Street and Middleton Street. Construction access is also via the new signalised Rifle Range Road intersection, completed in phase one of the facilities.
There will be no construction parking on Bull Road or Rifle Range Road. All vehicles are accommodated on site.
Contractors occasionally walk along Bull Road to access the construction site. Residents are reminded to slow down and take extra care when travelling through the area.
Public access to the facilities completed during phase one - netball centre, events space and community park - are via the new signalised Rifle Range Road intersection. Parking is available near the netball centre.
Construction fencing has been erected around the phase two construction zone for the safety of the public.
A new signalised intersection on Rifle Range Road will be the public entry to the site. The intersection also services the South Coast Restoration Society at the rear of the sports hub.
There will be no public vehicular entry from Bull Road. The only vehicles accessing the facility from Bull Road will be to service the aquatic centre.
View the construction timelapse.
View drone footage of phase one.
- The hub is providing 409 jobs during construction.
- It is contributing more than $161 million into the local economy.
- Once operational, it will generate more than 42 jobs.
- Check the City of Gold Coast eRecruit site in mid 2021 for any employment opportunities.
Over a four-year period, we will be spending an unprecedented amount on roads and active transport in the northern Gold Coast corridor. This City's investment in this major community project and numerous transport improvements will make a real difference to the lives of residents - now and into the future.
A new signalised intersection has been built on Rifle Range Road to help manage traffic flow and provide safe entry and exit to Pimpama Sports Hub.
View the Transport Strategy mid-life review to find out more about the road network improvements in the area.
The City will also continue to assist the Queensland and Australian Governments to:
- expand the Gold Coast's northern transport system to include additional rail stations, bus services and major road upgrades
- plan for the Coomera Connector.
Design features of the hub
A state-of-the-art aquatic centre will feature:
- five pools including a 10-lane 50m Olympic standard pool, learn to swim pool, warm water program pool, a 25 metre heated indoor pool and a leisure pool
- a co-located community centre with meeting rooms and a multipurpose hall
- fitness centre
- an indoor/outdoor café that will offer a range of light meals and refreshments.
The netball facility opened in early 2021. Visit the Pimpama Sports Hub venue to find out more.
Hours of work
6am - 6pm
Monday to Saturday
Subscribe for updates
Stay informed about the project's progress, upcoming activities and construction impacts by signing up for email updates.
View our Privacy notice
Pimpama Sports Hub, The corner of Rifle Range and Bull Roads, Pimpama 4209
View map and directions on Google