If you are a pensioner, you may be eligible for:
- Queensland Government rates subsidy
- Queensland Government water subsidy
- our pensioner rate remission (called Council Rate Remission)
Note: you may be eligible for our rate remission without receiving a Queensland Government subsidy.
Queensland Government subsidy
To be eligible for a Queensland Government subsidy, you must:
- own and occupy the property
- hold either a Queensland Pensioner Concession Card or a Queensland Gold Veterans' Affairs Card.
To find out more about Queensland Government subsidies, visit their Property concessions page. Here you will find details of eligibility requirements and subsidy percentages/amounts.
Let us know if your circumstances change
If you are currently receiving a pensioner concession and/or rate remission on your rates and water, you do not need to re-apply unless there has been a change in your circumstances. For example, a new application would be required if you have changed from a Centrelink customer to Veterans' Affairs customer or you have moved to a new address.
For further information and assistance, contact us.
How to apply