If you set up direct debit payments from your bank account, you won't need to think about when to pay your rates and water bills. Your payments will be made automatically, on the date you choose.
There are no fees for a direct debit from a bank account.
You can use direct debit to:
- pay your bills on the due date
- follow a payment plan
- make advance payments.
You can decide whether to pay the full amount showing on the bill or to schedule regular payments for a set amount.
To set up a direct debit, log into My Account, select your rates or water account and click Request direct debit from the rate or water account.
If you're not registered with My Account, visit our My Account page to find out more and register.
Alternatively, you can download and complete the Direct Debit Request form(PDF, 107KB)
Please read the Direct Debit Service Agreement(PDF, 95KB)
You will need to select one of the following direct debit payment options:
- Due date - pay the full amount on the due date. Your rates and/or water notice will state how much will be withdrawn from your bank, credit union or building society on the due date of the notice.
- Periodic payments - you can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments. You will need to state the amount, date and frequency of the payments.
To set up direct debit payments, you need to:
- be the property owner or authorised representative
- know your notice number for your rates or water bill
- have an account with a financial institution that offers direct debit transactions (check with your financial institution)
- have sufficient funds available on the date your bill is due.
Note: credit card accounts are not accepted for direct debit payments.
Changes to your existing direct debit
You can change or cancel your direct debit at any time through My Account. Log in, select your rates or water account number and follow the prompts.
If you are not registered for My Account, you can Register for My Account now.
If you wish to change or cancel your direct debit without setting up My Account, please download and complete the Direct Debit Change Request form(PDF, 107KB)
To change your bank account details, please complete a new direct debit request. This will automatically update your bank account details for your direct debit payments. You do not need to cancel your previous direct debit arrangement.