You will need a permit to commercially operate your vessel or amphibious vehicle at public pontoons or boat ramps within the City.
If approved, your vessel will be limited to the use of one or more of the following City facilities only (subject to conditions), depending on the size of the vessel and the current capacity of the facility.
- The Spit Pontoon – Muriel Henchman Drive, Main Beach (off Seaworld drive)
- Cavill Avenue Pontoon – Surfers Paradise
- Broadwater Parklands Pontoon – Southport
- Proud Park Pontoon – Main Beach
- Appel Park Pontoon – Surfers Paradise
- Evandale Park Pontoon – Surfers Paradise
- The Spit Boat Ramp – Muriel Henchman drive, Main Beach (north off Seaworld Drive)
- Proud Park Ramp – Main Beach (near Sundale Bridge, easternmost boat ramp only)
Note: The use of City facilities on a daily basis cannot be guaranteed due to closures for major events, facility upgrades, maintenance, or emergencies.
Permits are valid until the 31 August each year and may be renewed annually.
For more information, contact our City Standards team on 07 5667 5987.
How to apply
Use one of the options below to apply for a commercial vessel permit: