Report a problem - Graffiti, rubbish & illegal dumping


Graffiti is illegal.

We have a rapid removal policy for graffiti. We give priority to offensive graffiti and usually remove it within one working day.

Our City Maintenance Officers remove graffiti from City property, Energex assets, structures on public land and from private property if the damage can be accessed from public land (such as along boundary fences).

If you notice any offensive graffiti, please call us on 07 5667 5974. We will remove it as soon as possible.

If you have a problem with graffiti on your property, please visit our Graffiti page for more information and to find out where you can get a free graffiti removal kit.

If you notice any graffiti on public land, please report it to us:

Report graffiti online

We do not require written consent from property owners before removing publicly visible graffiti (under the Summary Offences Act 2005). If our officers remove graffiti on your property, they will leave a notice to let you know.

Illegal dumping

It is illegal to dump waste on public or private land. We may be able to investigate illegal dumping.

Common types of illegal dumping include:

  • household rubbish and garden waste being discarded in the local park
  • household goods (such as whitegoods, TVs, mattresses and furniture) being left on the footpath
  • hazardous materials, such as needles, syringes and asbestos
  • discarding tyres, chemical drums and paint tins on the roadside verge
  • dumping waste in bushland, parks, reserves and waterways.

If you notice illegally dumped rubbish that is a risk to public safety, please call us on 07 5667 5991 as soon as possible.

You can report all other illegal dumping incidents online, or by using our mobile app.

Report illegal dumping online

To help our investigation, please take note of:

  • the vehicle's registration details
  • date, time and location
  • amount and type of dumped material
  • general description of driver and vehicle.


Littering is illegal.

We can issue warnings or on-the-spot fines to people who litter and to drivers who do not secure their loads.

If you see someone littering from a vehicle or vessel, please record:

  • the vehicle's registration details
  • date, time and location
  • amount and type of litter
  • general description of driver and vehicle.

Report the problem online to the State Department of Environment and Science littering and illegal dumping online reporting (LIDOR) system or call the Department on 13 QGOV (13 74 68). The Department may issue a fine to the registered owner of the vehicle or vessel based on your report.

Rubbish and litter in our streets, parks or beaches

If you notice a problem with litter or if our public rubbish bins at beaches, parks and streets need emptying or repairing, please either:

  • complete our online rubbish and litter form
  • call us on 07 5667 5974.


Damaged, stolen or full bins – public land

If you notice that a bin on public land on our beaches, parks or streets needs to be repaired or emptied, please report the problem to us. You can either:

  • report a problem with a public rubbish bin online
  • call us on 07 5667 5974.

Report a problem with a public rubbish bins

Damaged/stolen residential bins

If your bin has been damaged or stolen, or your bin collection was missed, find out how to let us know – visit Report a problem – Residential bins.

Abandoned shopping trolleys

If you find an abandoned shopping trolley and you can see what shop the trolley came from, please contact the business directly.

If you find a shopping trolley on public land and it has no identifiable store markings, please contact us. You can either:

  • report an abandoned shopping trolley dumping online using the link below
  • download City App and use your mobile device to report this type of issue
  • call us on 07 5667 5991.

Report an abandoned shopping trolley