In January 2022 we changed the way we manage parking along the beachfront between Miami and Burleigh Heads.
Beachfront locations on the Gold Coast are highly desirable, leading to increasing, and sometimes conflicting, demands for on-street parking. Contributors to parking demand on local streets in Burleigh Heads and Miami include:
- social events (e.g. markets)
- recreational activities (e.g. people visiting the beach)
- trades people working on nearby construction sites
- commuters working at nearby businesses (e.g. restaurants)
- residential overflow and visitors.
The City is committed to managing the limited on-street parking supply in a way that balances the variety of relevant needs. New parking measures will:
- improve turnover of parking spaces along the beachfront and business centre, to
- increase availability of parking in areas of high demand and improve visitor experience
- reduce congestion and fewer cars circulating to look for parking.
Three-hour time limited parking applies along the eastern side of The Esplanade between 7am and 6pm, from the Gold Coast Highway to Kelly Avenue.
Download The Esplanade, Burleigh map(PDF, 942KB).
Changes to on-street and beachfront parking
Note: there will be no change to existing special use spaces.
For further information on duration of stay and applicable rates, please visit Burleigh Heads parking.