City services and facilities
Like many other organisations the City is currently experiencing staffing challenges due to COVID-related impacts. Be assured we will continue to deliver critical services and we ask you to please be patient with our staff.
Apologies to our customers and community for any inconvenience caused.
- Customer Service Centres are open, operating with limited staff. This may mean they are closed temporarily during usual operating hours.
- Customer Contact phone lines and emails are currently experiencing extended wait and response times.
Please use our online services:
- My Account – manage and pay your rates, water, registrations, infringement notices along with submission of applications and service requests.
- City App – report graffiti, illegal parking, abandoned vehicles, illegal dumping, potholes and more.
- Report a Problem – report any City-related issues in your local area.
- City Chat – 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
- Residential waste collection – will continue on your usual day, however it may be at a different time to usual.
- The City’s bulky kerbside program FLEXiSKiP is experiencing some Covid-19 related delays.
Gold Coast Libraries
The majority of services offered by our libraries will continue to operate as usual. A few changes have been made to operations outlined below:
- Libraries will be closing at 5pm Monday to Friday (with the exception of Coolangatta and Burleigh Heads that will continue to close at 4pm.
- From Sunday 16 January, Robina and Southport Libraries will be closed on Sundays, with openings planned again from Sunday 20 February.
- The majority of Library programs will be suspended except a number of specialised programs.
Public health and social measures linked to vaccination status direction
Some City facilities are affected by the Queensland State Government’s Public Health and Social Measures linked to Vaccination Status Direction effective from 5am (AEST) Friday 17 December 2021.
- Gold Coast Aquatics Centre – Café Catalina
- Upper Coomera Aquatics Centre – Cuppa Coomera
- Pimpama Sports Hub Café
- Miami Aquatics Centre Café
- Southport Library Café
- Tipplers Café, South Stradbroke Island
As well as the eateries at:
- Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre
- Carrara Indoor Sports Stadium
- Runaway Bay Indoor Sports Centre
- Coomera Indoor Sports Centre
Please note: The City’s Gold Coast Libraries are not owned by the state government and are not affected by the above Direction.
The City of Gold Coast is working to support local businesses and protect local jobs, ensuring we're on the road to recovery through COVID-19 impacts.
Since initial impacts of the changing public health situation in 2020, we have taken action to deliver initiatives designed to support the Gold Coast's recovery. Further information outlining our Community and Small Business Relief package is now available.
Queensland Government requirements are changing regularly. It's important that you regularly check the Queensland Government COVID-19 update along with the businesses, activities and undertakings information, and review your business processes to ensure they are consistent with current requirements.
In case of an emergency, call Triple Zero (000) for Police, Fire or Ambulance.
The City supports Queensland Health as the lead agency for Coronavirus (COVID-19) information.
For translated information on the latest COVID-19 health advice, view the Queensland Government's information for multicultural communities or call Queensland Health on 134 COVID (134 268). Ask for an interpreter if you need one.
For support and information in languages other than English, contact the Multicultural Connect Line on 1300 079 020. Indigenous Australians can find information to help during COVID-19 from Queensland Health. Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) has an Easy English guide on the Community Recovery Hotline.
For information about hardship payment plans to help you manage your rates and water bills, visit our Payment plans page. Services Australia can assist with advice and payments during COVID-19. The Queensland Government provides support for vulnerable Queenslanders. Gold Coast homelessness and food aid services are available from 7careconnect.
If you have been advised to quarantine and have no other means of getting food or essential items, call the Queensland Government Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349.
The Australian Red Cross has resources to help your wellbeing during the pandemic.
View details of our Community and Small Business Relief package.
Visit Supporting our communities for a range of information to help you to:
- stay safe
- stay connected
- stay informed.
We continue to support the Gold Coast's recovery from the economic impacts of COVID-19.
As our city responds to this challenge, there is assistance available to help keep our community, our businesses and workers safe. For vaccination information visit the Queensland Health website.
Queensland Health has issued contact tracing alerts for multiple sites across Queensland, including the Gold Coast. A list of current exposure venues and information on what to do if you have come into contact with a COVID-19 case are on the Queensland Health website.
For up to date information on requirements for wearing face masks in Queensland visit the Queensland Government’s website.
Queensland Health has increased COVID-19 testing across the city. For up-to-date locations visit Queensland Health.
Queensland Police Service
The Queensland Police Service (QPS) is providing ongoing support to Queensland Health as part of a coordinated whole of government response to COVID-19. Police have certain powers under the Public Health Act 2005 (Qld) to ensure compliance with the intent of the legislation, and penalty provisions apply.
Complaints about non–compliance with current social distancing regulations should be referred to Police link hotline 131 444.