Mobility equipment hire & recharge points
We provide a city-wide network of designated, free to use power points to safely recharge the batteries of powered mobility devices.
Our partner for this program is Recharge Scheme Australia.
Recharge points for powered mobility devices
Free Recharge Points™ are located at:
Apply to be a RECHARGE Scheme partner
Make your organisation more accessible and inclusive by becoming a RECHARGE Scheme™ program partner.
Being a partner means you can offer a free-to-use power point for people to safely recharge their powered wheelchairs or mobility devices.
All partners are listed on our website and the national RECHARGE Scheme™ website for free.
Learn more from existing partners in this video.
To apply for your organisation to become a 'recharge point', you need to complete the form below and provide:
- your contact details name, location address, phone number and email address
- photo evidence of the designated power point positioned at 1000 millimetres above floor level
- photo evidence of the power point located a minimum of 500 millimetres from an internal corner (so people can reach it easily)
- confirmation of your Public Liability insurance coverage - minimum of $10 million
- optional – you can provide a photo of your premises to promote your listing on the RECHARGE Scheme™ website.
Recharge Scheme application form(PDF, 307KB)
For more information, contact us:
Mobility equipment hire
To find mobility equipment for hire, visit the Gold Coast Community Directory.
Some providers also offer mobility devices to use for free.