Placement of infrastructure within parks or open space

You need to apply for approval if you wish to temporarily occupy a Council park for a construction site and traverse parks by vehicle for construction purposes. An entry fee, bond and rental fee will apply. The application fee is non-refundable.

Before applying, please read our Park use terms and conditions(PDF, 204KB)

Fees are calculated during the application assessment process.


Step 1.Gather your documents

Depending on the nature of your request, you may need to submit the following supporting documentation with your application:

  • landscape restoration plan
  • proposed infrastructure location plan
  • detailed summary of specifications
  • pre-dilapidation photos.

Step 2.Complete and submit our online form

Apply online

What happens next?

After consideration by Parks Officers, other requirements may include:

  • environmental impact study
  • further community or Councillor consultation
  • damage mitigation permit
  • worksite safety plan
  • project awareness signage
  • pre-clearing assessment
  • traffic control measures
  • provide alternative access
  • permission to remove trees/vegetation
  • specified plant selection/replacement
  • vegetation valuation/arborist report
  • project plan.

Our Parks team will advise of the above and provide details of applicable fees.