Helensvale Library & Cultural Centre
The Helensvale Cultural Centre is located in the same building as the Library at Helensvale Plaza.
This purpose-built community space provides a range of creative spaces to hire including music and dance rehearsal spaces, a recording studio and a 208 seater auditorium equipped with the latest audio visual technology and technical support staff. The modern architecture provides an ideal pre-function space with snack bar for event organisers to utilise.
In addition to the centre's creative spaces, the centre has meeting rooms available both for casual bookings and for community members to book a regular weekly block of time to run community-based activities. Local residents are invited to get involved in a range of affordable weekly classes and social services.
- Rooms can be hired seven days per week between 7am and 11pm, with the exception of Christmas Day, Good Friday and ANZAC Day when bookings are available from 1.30pm.
- If you're attending a class or event outside of normal business hours, access is only available to the relevant room.
What's on at Helensvale Library and Cultural Centre(PDF, 430KB)
The Gold Coast events calendar also provides details of events at community centres and other locations across the city.
Our recording studio
Embrace this creative space! Here's a snapshot of what we've equipped it with:
- Professional recording capabilities
- Mac computer
- Pro Tools Ultimate
- Beez Neez recording mics
- Tama Drum Kit 5 piece including cymbals
- Vox Blue Back Guitar Amp
- Orange Guitar Amp
- Mark Bass Amp
- Kurzweil SP5 88 Note Piano/Synthesiser
Hire a room
There are six easy steps to hire a room:
1. Choose a room that suits your needs
View photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces.
Hire information(PDF, 466KB)
2. Find out about hiring charges and conditions
3. Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability
Community Centres booking enquiry form
4. Finalise the finer details with our team
One of our team members will be in contact within 3 working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
5. Pay for your booking in advance
You'll receive a 'Notice to Pay' to the email address you provide on the enquiry form. All bookings must be paid in advance.
6. Attend an induction
All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you've hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large event.
Helensvale Cultural Centre, 62 Sir John Overall Drive, Helensvale 4212
View map and directions on Google