Kirra Hill Community & Cultural Centre
The Kirra Hill Community and Cultural Centre is a multipurpose centre with a rich historical past. The centre was originally established as a school and has since been restored and is available for hire to the public.
Opened in 2011, the centre features hireable spaces suitable for art activities, meetings, exercise classes and functions. A variety of hireable spaces are available, including external event and art spaces.
The centre features an art gallery that allows for local artists and groups to display exhibitions throughout the year for a two week period. Contact the centre for more information regarding the exhibitions and availability for holding an exhibition.
There is a permanent historical display room, displaying information about the history of the site and surrounding areas, this display room open to the public during the operating hours of the centre.
Weddings and events
The large grassed event space and the flexible size of the Great Hall also make the Kirra Hill Community and Cultural Centre an ideal venue for weddings and events.
- Meeting activity room – capacity 25 people
- Art gallery
- External art space – capacity 30
- External event space – capacity 500
- Cook Room – capacity 20 people
- Flinders Room – capacity 20 people
- Oxley Room – capacity 20 people
- Great Hall (combination of above 3 rooms) – capacity 100 people in theatre layout and 90 people for weddings and private events
- Jan Derbidge Room – capacity 20 people
- Headmasters Room – capacity 6 people
- Art Activity Room – capacity 25 people
- Heritage Display Room
- Community Meeting Room
What's on at Kirra Hill(PDF, 389KB)
The Gold Coast events calendar also provides details of events at community centres and other locations across the city.
Hire a room
There are six easy steps to hire a room:
1. Choose a room that suits your needs
View photos, floorplans and maximum capacities for each of the hireable spaces.
Hire information(PDF, 2MB)
2. Find out about hiring charges and conditions
3. Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability
Community Centres booking enquiry form
4. Finalise the finer details with our team
One of our team members will be in contact within 3 working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
5. Pay for your booking in advance
You'll receive a 'Notice to Pay' to the email address you provide on the enquiry form. All bookings must be paid in advance.
6. Attend an induction
All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you've hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large event.
Kirra Hill Community and Cultural Centre, 1 Garrick Street, Coolangatta 4225
View map and directions on Google