Mudgeeraba Old Post Office
Listed on the Gold Coast Local Heritage Register, Mudgeeraba Old Post Office was built in 1927. Once the Nerang Shire Council Chambers, it took on a new life in 1950 when a local resident bought the building and operated his post office and telephone exchange business until 1994. The Mudgeeraba Community Association led a local campaign to save the building, and with the support of local residents, the City of Gold Coast purchased the historic building for the benefit of the community.
Today, there are two small meeting rooms and a kitchen that are available for hire by the hour at very affordable rates.
- Rooms can be hired 7 days per week between 7am and 11pm, with the exception of Christmas Day, Good Friday, and ANZAC Day when bookings are available from 1.30pm.
- If you're attending a class or event outside of normal business hours, access to the relevant rooms will be provided only to those rooms.
What's on at Mudgeeraba Old Post Office(PDF, 442KB)
The Gold Coast events calendar provides details of events at community centres and other locations across the city.
Hire a room
There are 6 easy steps to hire a room:
1. Choose a room that suits your needs
View photos and floorplans for each of the hireable spaces.
Hire information(PDF, 647KB)
2. Find out about hiring charges and conditions
3. Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability
Community Centres booking enquiry form
4. Finalise the finer details with our team
One of our team members will be in contact within 3 working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
5. Pay for your booking in advance
You'll receive a 'Notice to Pay' to the email address you provide on the enquiry form. All bookings must be paid in advance.
6. Attend an induction
All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you've hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large event.
Mudgeeraba Old Post Office, 57 Railway Street, Mudgeeraba 4213
View map and directions on Google