Southport Community Centre
This versatile venue boasts 12 rooms that can be hired individually or combined to create larger event and exhibition spaces. The ground floor alone offers approximately 1000 square metres of floor space, stage, lighting and state-of-the-art audio visual equipment for the community to hold affordable functions, expos and trade shows.
Upstairs, 6 modern meeting and conference room spaces provide a convenient location for groups to offer classes to the community.
- Rooms can be hired seven days per week between 7am and 11pm, with the exception of Christmas Day, Good Friday and ANZAC Day when bookings are available from 1.30pm.
- If you're attending a class or event outside of normal business hours, access is only available to the relevant room.
What's on at Southport Community Centre(PDF, 834KB)
The Gold Coast events calendar also provides details of events at community centres and other locations across the city.
Hire a room
There are 6 easy steps to hire a room:
1. Choose a room that suits your needs
View photos and floorplans for each of the hireable spaces.
Hire information(PDF, 3MB)
2. Find out about hiring charges and conditions
3. Complete the online booking enquiry form to check availability
Community Centres booking enquiry form
4. Finalise the finer details with our team
One of our team members will be in contact within 3 working days of submitting your enquiry form to find out more about your activity and any equipment you may require.
5. Pay for your booking in advance
You'll receive a 'Notice to Pay' to the email address you provide on the enquiry form. All bookings must be paid in advance.
6. Attend an induction
All hirers are required to attend an induction. Inductions may vary from a simple Fire, Health and Safety introduction to the room you've hired, to a more complex induction including equipment use and licensing if you are holding a large event.
Southport Community Centre, 6 Lawson Street, Southport 4215
View map and directions on Google