We work to ensure that all people can participate in activities at the Pimpama Sports Hub in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We welcome companion card holders, carers and support persons free of charge.
Accessible and inclusive features
- Wheelchair and step free access is available to all venues and carparks
- Accessible parking in all three carparks
- Automatic doors and entry gates
- Accessible toilets, showers and change areas
- Ambulant toilets, showers and change areas
- Changing Places toilet with additional circulation space, shower, height adjustable adult-sized change bench and ceiling tracking hoist
- Precinct pathways suitable for users of wheelchairs, prams, and mobility scooters
- Accessible Aquatic Centre and Fitness Centre reception areas: staffed during business hours, lowered counters and hearing augmentation, gradual path to Aquatic Centre, lift and stair access for Fitness Centre
- Ramped access with handrails into all pools
- Pool hoist available to access all pools operated by fully trained staff
- Aquatic wheelchairs
- Flotation belts and other devices on request
- Accessible storage lockers
- Staff trained as Teachers of Aquatics – Access and Inclusion
Download the Pimpama Sports Hub map(PDF, 830KB) to see the carpark and venue locations.
Our Accessible & Inclusive City Action Plan identifies measurable actions to improve access to services at Pimpama Sports Hub.
Changing Places toilet
The Changing Places toilet is located within the Pimpama Aquatic Centre next to the warm water pool.
A Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK) is required for access the changing places room. If you do not have your own MLAK key, please see our staff at reception so you can borrow ours.
Please note: You will need to bring your own four-looped sling to use the hoist.
Hearing augmentation is available at various locations at Pimpama Sports Hub. Please follow the guidelines below for patrons accessing hearing augmentation.
- Download the Listen Everywhere App for Apple or Android. Or, you can ask reception for a hearing augmentation device.
- Before launching the app, go to your phone’s WIFI settings and select “Hearing Augmentation” – the WIFI password is: PimpamaSports (case sensitive).
- When “Hearing Augmentation” WIFI is connected, launch the Listen Everywhere App.
- Press “Scan Venue” and it will automatically connect.
- A short promotional video explaining the app should appear.
- Choose a venue from the list available to listen to the audio playing.
Handsets with headphones are available for patrons that don’t have mobile phone devices. These are located: at the Fitness Centre and reception.