On-demand bulky kerbside collection
We have partnered with the Handel Group to provide our on-demand FLEXiSKiP kerbside collection service.
How it works
FLEXiSKiP is a heavy duty, 3 cubic metre skip bag with a one tonne capacity. It is big enough to fit couches, mattresses and other large bulky items. You can set up the FLEXiSKiP within 4 metres of the street kerb or driveway, fill it up and then arrange collection.
Visit FLEXiSKiP or phone 07 5619 5221, Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm, to:
- set up an online account
- book a delivery or collection
- find information on setting up and using your FLEXiSKiP
- find information on accepted and non-accepted waste.
Who is eligible
This service is free for eligible Gold Coast residents. Most residents with a wheelie bin collection service are eligible.
You are not eligible if you live in:
- high-rise or unit complexes with an existing bulk bin service
- any complex with 10 or more units
- rural areas that do not have a City waste collection service, or island communities
- Hope Island and Sanctuary Cove resort complexes that are serviced by a private waste services contractor.
To check your eligibility, go to the FLEXiSKiP website.
What can be put in a FLEXiSKiP
- soft flooring and mattresses
- electronic items (cords, computers)
- household appliances including fridges, freezers, washers, dryers and stoves
- soft furnishings and large furniture
- carpets and rugs
- bath and laundry tubs
- timber, tiles and bricks
- bikes and sporting equipment
- wood products
- garden organics (lawn clippings, palm fronds, pruning)
- mirrors and furniture containing glass
- clean dry glass unable to go into yellow-lid recycling bin
- construction and demolition material
- general household waste and recycling (including food scraps)
- batteries or mobile phones
- car parts including tyres
- hazardous waste (such as gas bottles, asbestos, chemicals and fibro sheets)
- liquids, oils, solvents and paints
- commercial builders waste and business waste, including window panes
Disposing non-acceptable items
Visit our Recycle right and Disposing of hazardous materials pages for information on the disposal of items not accepted for kerbside collection.
Where to set up your FLEXiSKiP
The FLEXiSKiP must be accessible for collection by a vehicle from the road.
Make sure your FLEXiSKiP is placed:
- within 4 metres of the street kerb
- does not block a public footpath or the roadway
- has no obstructions such as power lines, trees or cars that may prevent collection.
To keep our streets attractive and to prevent any unwanted use of your personal FLEXiSKiP, place your FLEXiSKiP on the kerb only when you are ready to fill it.
Ideally, your FLEXiSKiP should be on the kerbside for no longer than 2 weeks (including 3 days for collection to occur). Non-compliance may be referred and investigated under applicable local laws.
Only one free FLEXiSKiP can be ordered per eligible household each year. There are no upfront fees for this service.
Credit/debit card details and a valid email address are required as part of the application process.
Charges will only be administered in the event of a breach of the terms and conditions of use(PDF, 386KB)
The following charges may apply if you are non-compliant with these:
|Collection not booked within 30 days of the FLEXiSKiP being delivered.
Your booked collection can't occur – this can be due to a range of issues including:
- the skip's location is unsuitable for collection; for example, not on kerbside or too close to cars, trees and powerlines
- the skip is overweight or oversized
- the skip contains non-accepted items.
|$51.60 for every failed collection attempt
|Contaminated items and non-accepted items is discovered in the skip after collection.
||Calculated based on type and amount of items
Other important information:
- If you wish to cancel your order you will need to do so within 48 hours of receiving the confirmation email. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 5619 5221.
- You cannot give your FLEXiSKiP to another household once it has been delivered. FLEXiSKiP uses GPS registration and the QR code on the bag will not activate a skip collection at any property other than the one it was initially delivered to. You may incur a fee if the FLEXiSKiP is moved to an alternate property.
- You do not need to be home to receive your FLEXiSKiP parcel – they are dispatched with an ‘authority to leave’ approval.
- We understand that some eligible residents may have difficulty moving heavy items and filling their FLEXiSKiP. We recommend in the first instance that residents get assistance with these tasks from an able-bodied neighbour, family member or friend.
- If the two long straps of the FLEXiSKiP cannot touch each other, it could mean your FLEXiSKiP is too full which may result in additional charges being applied.
- For your and our safety, we may be unable to collect in inclement weather. Your FLEXiSKiP will be collected as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Each eligible resident may only book the service once for their property during the year.
- Residents with an uncollected FLEXiSKiP from the 2020 trial are not eligible to receive a new FLEXiSKiP until the collection of the 2020 product has been completed.
To dispute charges, please email us at email@example.com. We will investigate any dispute on a case-by-case basis and make a decision based on the evidence.