70 Helensvale Road, Helensvale
View the live camera feed below for estimated wait times for use of this facility.
Helensvale Waste and Recycling Centre is open every day, Monday to Sunday, between 7am and 4.50pm, except for the dates below.
Dates closed: Good Friday and Christmas Day
Phone: 07 5667 5976 from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Changes to accepted items at our waste and recycling centres
We're introducing changes to building material disposal at our waste and recycling centres. From 1 December 2022, Molendinar, Reedy Creek and Stapylton will accept these materials for recycling:
For us to recycle your construction and demolition materials, you will need to:
separate and sort your loads before you enter
make sure your load is not contaminated by risky materials or asbestos.
If you think your load may contain materials containing asbestos, strict disposal rules apply. Reedy Creek and Stapylton landfills will accept these materials for disposal.
We ask that you read Disposal of asbestos for more information on the Asbestos Risk List. It also explains how to safely dispose of asbestos containing material.
Plan ahead & save time
Before you head to this waste and recycling centre:
- Check the list of items accepted by this centre in the section below. Note that our Helensvale centre does not accept:
- Green organics – the closest green organics drop and go facility to Helensvale is at Pimpama.
- Commercial or work waste – this is only accepted at the waste and recycling centres at Stapylton (all), Reedy Creek (all) and Molendinar (commercial green organics only).
- Take the time to sort your load. Sorting your load into recyclables and general waste will make your visit to the centre's Recycle Street a breeze.
- Check the live camera feed below for estimated wait times for use of this facility. Our waste management facilities experience peak demand between 10am and 2pm. Avoid delays by timing your visit outside these times.
The Helensvale Waste and Recycling Centre accepts general waste and recycles the following items:
- car batteries (lead acid)
- charity donations, such as clothing
- aluminium cans, paper, plastic and glass bottles
- cooking oil (up to 20 litres)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- gas bottles empty (up to 9 kilograms)
- household hazardous waste, e.g. pool chlorine, herbicides, fuel, oven cleaners, etc.
- lounges (recyclable)
- motor oil
- paint through PaintBack, maximum of 20 litres
- scrap metal
- whitegoods (degassing available).
This centre does not accept:
- Certain recyclable constructions and demolition materials including soil, sand concrete, brick, tile and asphalt – from 1 December 2022 these will only be accepted at Stapylton, Reedy Creek and Molendinar.
- Residential green organics– this is only accepted at our Green organics drop and go
- Commercial or work waste– this is only accepted at the waste and recycling centres at Stapylton (all), Reedy Creek (all) and Molendinar (commercial green organics only).
Waste disposal fees
Residents can use City waste and recycling centres to dispose of certain items fee-free, within certain limits.
Visit How to use our waste & recycling centres to find out:
- how much waste you can take to a centre before a fee is charged
- the rules around what we accept, and
- domestic regulated waste items that do incur a fee.
It is also a fee-free condition that recyclable materials be separated and placed in the supplied recycling areas.
The live camera feed below provides a guide to the current estimated wait time for use of this facility.
Please note: if there are no visible cars, there is an estimated wait time of less than 10 minutes.