Corner of Jacobs Road and Herbertson Drive, Molendinar
Molendinar Waste and Recycling Centre is open every day, Monday to Sunday, between 6.30am and 4.15pm, except Good Friday and Christmas Day.
Phone: 07 5667 5976 from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Changes to accepted items at our waste and recycling centres
We're introducing changes to building material disposal at our waste and recycling centres. From 1 December 2022, Molendinar, Reedy Creek and Stapylton will accept these materials for recycling:
For us to recycle your construction and demolition materials, you will need to:
- separate and sort your loads before you enter
- make sure your load is not contaminated by risky materials or asbestos.
If you think your load may contain materials containing asbestos, strict disposal rules apply. Reedy Creek and Stapylton landfills will accept these materials for disposal.
We ask that you read Disposal of asbestos for more information on the Asbestos Risk List. It also explains how to safely dispose of asbestos containing material.
Plan ahead & save time
Before you head to this waste and recycling centre:
- Check the list of items accepted by this centre in the section below.
- Take the time to sort your load. Sorting your load into recyclables and general waste will make your visit to the centre's Recycle Street a breeze.
- Our waste management facilities experience peak demand between 10am and 2pm. Avoid delays by timing your visit outside these times.
The Molendinar Waste and Recycling Centre accepts general waste and recycles the following items:
- aluminium cans, paper, plastic and glass bottles
- aerosol cans
- building materials
- car batteries (lead acid)
- cartridges (printer)
- charity donation bins
- cooking oil
- domestic green organics
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- gas bottles – empty (up to 9 kilograms)
- glass (mirrors)
- household hazardous waste, for example pool chlorine, herbicides, fuel, oven cleaners, etc.
- motor oil
- paint (only eligible Paintback scheme products)
- used household items in good condition accepted (e.g. furniture, toys, books and other bric-a-brac)
- whitegoods (degassing available), such as fridges, stoves, washing machines, ovens
*Chargeable waste – fees apply.
Vehicle weighing & registration service
This service is no longer available at the Molendinar Waste and Recycling Centre. This service will continue to be offered at the Reedy Creek Waste and Recycling Centre, Reedy Creek Commercial Landfill (commercial customers), and the Stapylton Recycling Centre & Landfill (commercial customers) from Monday to Friday.
Waste disposal fees
Residents can use City waste and recycling centres to dispose of certain items fee-free, within certain limits.
Visit How to use our waste & recycling centres to find out:
- how much waste you can take to a centre before a fee is charged
- the rules around what we accept, and
- domestic regulated waste items that do incur a fee.
It is also a fee-free condition that recyclable materials be separated and placed in the supplied recycling areas.