61 Hutchinson Street, Burleigh Heads
Centre opening hours
This community waste and recycling centre is open every day, Monday to Sunday, between 7am and 4.50pm, except for the dates below.
Dates closed: Good Friday and Christmas Day. Reedy Creek Commercial Landfill is closed on all public holidays.
Phone: 07 5667 5976 from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Reedy Creek Recycle Market opening hours
Operated for the City by the Endeavour Foundation, Reedy Creek Recycle Market (tip shop) is located at this waste and recycling centre.
- Open: Wednesday to Sunday, from 8am to 4pm.
- Closed: Mondays, Tuesdays and public holidays.
For more information visit Reedy Creek Recycle Market.
Changes to accepted items at our waste and recycling centres
We're introducing changes to building material disposal at our waste and recycling centres. From 1 December 2022, Molendinar, Reedy Creek and Stapylton will accept these materials for recycling:
For us to recycle your construction and demolition materials, you will need to:
separate and sort your loads before you enter
make sure your load is not contaminated by risky materials or asbestos.
If you think your load may contain materials containing asbestos, strict disposal rules apply. Reedy Creek and Stapylton landfills will accept these materials for disposal.
We ask that you read Disposal of asbestos for more information on the Asbestos Risk List. It also explains how to safely dispose of asbestos containing material.
Plan ahead & save time
Before you head to this waste and recycling centre:
- Check the list of items accepted by this centre in the section below.
- Take the time to sort your load. Sorting your load into recyclables and general waste will make your visit to the centre's Recycle Street a breeze.
- The City's waste management facilities experience peak demand between 10am and 2pm. Avoid delays by timing your visit outside these times.
The Reedy Creek Waste and Recycling Centre accepts general waste and recycles the following items. Please ensure your loads are separated and sorted. *Chargeable waste – fees apply.
- car batteries (lead acid)
- charity donation bins
- comingled recyclables (yellow top bins) – aluminium cans, paper, plastic and glass bottles
- commercial waste* (small vehicle loads)
- commercial green organics*
- concrete (small loads only)*
- cooking oil (up to 20 litres)
- domestic green organics
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- gas bottles – empty (up to 9 kilograms)
- household hazardous waste, for example pool chlorine, herbicides, fuel, oven cleaners, etc.
- paint (only eligible Paintback scheme products)
- scrap metal
- soil and clean fill (road base and clay base only - small domestic loads only)
- whitegoods (degassing available).
Vehicle weighing for registration purposes
This service is available at the centre from Monday to Friday. The service is also offered to commercial customers at Reedy Creek Commercial Landfill and the Stapylton Recycling Centre & Landfill from Monday to Friday.
Waste disposal fees
Residents can use City waste and recycling centres to dispose of certain items fee-free, within certain limits.
Visit How to use our waste & recycling centres to find out:
- how much waste you can take to a centre before a fee is charged
- the rules around what we accept, and
- domestic regulated waste items that do incur a fee.
It is also a fee-free condition that recyclable materials be separated and placed in the supplied recycling areas.