Water & sewerage
We manage the delivery and maintenance of quality water and sewerage systems on the Gold Coast. Learn about how we supply, test and manage our extensive drinking water and recycled water network and how you can connect to our water and sewerage network.
Our $6.1 billion water and sewerage network includes:
- 271,474 drinking water connections
- 3561 kilometres of drinking and non-drinking water mains
- 55 drinking and non-drinking water pump stations
- 58 drinking and non-drinking water supply reservoirs
- 10,006 non-drinking and recycled water connections
- four sewage treatment plants
- 257,219 sewerage connections
- 3481 kilometres of sewer mains
- 535 sewerage pump stations
- five re-chlorination facilities
- 38,301 hydrant points for firefighting, flushing of mains and operational purposes.
Our role in delivering water
We provide water supply and sewerage services to over half a million people and over 10,000 businesses on the Gold Coast.
- Although the City is the water and sewerage service provider, the State Government owns bulk water supplies in the region.
- We buy bulk water from Seqwater which is mostly harvested from the State-owned Hinze Dam and Little Nerang Dam catchments. Stay informed this wet season by visiting How gated dams work.
- Seqwater treats the water and ensures it meets the stringent standards set by the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines before supplying it to us.
- The State Government sets the wholesale price that the City pays for water, which is passed on to customers.
We are also responsible for taking away sewage for treatment. Sewage is transferred to one of four treatment plants, which produce recycled water for the irrigation of sports fields or open space.
This diagram demonstrates our role in the water supply process.
Water & sewerage enquiries
No water? Find out if there are any planned or unplanned water outages in your area – check the latest Water and sewerage alerts.
To report a water leak on public land, please either report the water leak online or call us on 1300 000 928 or 07 5667 5801.
To find out when to expect your next water bill, how to read your water and sewerage rate notice and what the charges cover, visit My water bill.
Phone: 1300 000 928 or 07 5667 5801.
All water enquiries and payments are supported across the Gold Coast at our customer service centres.
Pay your water bill
Pay your water bill online
Alternatively, you can use one of our other payment methods.