Get involved in the Active & Healthy program and help shape the Gold Coast as Australia's most active and healthy city.
Active & Healthy encourages residents to engage and regularly participate in physical activity and wellness programs.
We focus on increasing the awareness of entry level, low to medium intensity activities that are suitable for people just starting or getting back into regular activity.
We offer 3 levels of involvement for individuals, businesses, or organisations working in:
- Help create a healthier community
- Increase your business profile
- Connect into community events and festivals
- Network with the local fitness and wellness industry.
You can be a part of the Active & Healthy Lifestyle Program and/or the school holiday programs.
The Active & Healthy Lifestyle Program offers affordable and accessible weekly activities across the Gold Coast, encouraging residents to participate in regular physical activity. You can apply to be part the program at any time of the year.
The program runs weekly from July to June every year during school terms (40 weeks).
The Active & Healthy Holiday Program helps activate the City’s parks and community facilities and offers a large variety of activities during the school holidays for kids aged 4 to 17 years. There are 4 holiday programs:
- Summer: December and January (6 weeks)
- Easter: April (2 weeks)
- Winter: June and July (2 weeks)
- Spring: September and October (2 weeks)
To be part of the holiday program, submit your application 4 weeks before the start of the holidays.
How to apply
The Active & Healthy supplier application process is by tender.
The procurement process for the next 5 years for the delivery of services for Active & Healthy Program, will open early December 2023. The offer will be listed on Vendor Panel and you must be registered on that site to be able to access the offer.
Please register on Vendor Panel
- Search and select the best categories for your business – Sport, Recreation Equip, Services
- Click on the verification link you receive by email to create a logon and complete your profile
Our champions are qualified and experienced local health and fitness professionals who give back to the community by providing a free or low-cost community-based fitness or wellbeing class in Gold Coast parks or community facilities.
In return for your community service, our team will:
- help with access to a park or open space to conduct the activity in
- help with access to one of our community facilities. We may help with hall hire if the activity and location meet a specific community need. Please highlight the need in your application
- promote activities through the Active & Healthy Lifestyle Guide and our website
- provide you with an Active & Healthy uniform and A-frame signage
- provide opportunities to network with the local fitness, recreation and wellness industry.
Active & Healthy champions must provide at least one affordable or free community fitness / recreation / sport activity per week, within the program's timeframe.
Click on the button below to complete the online form. You must include copies of the following supporting information with your application:
- Public liability insurance, $10 million minimum
- Relevant professional qualifications and experience
- Blue card (if an activity involves children under 18 years of age)
- Senior First Aid – HLTAID003 and CPR – HLTAID001 (for activities that involve physical activity)
- Risk Management Plan
- COVID Safe Plan
- A picture of the park and location within the park where you would like to hold the activity.
Download the Work Health and Safety fact sheet for Active & Healthy Champions(PDF, 167KB)
Classes must not cost more than $5 to $8 per person. Rate of charge will depend upon community centre costs, capacity of rooms and also if the activity is outdoors.
Please note that as a champion you will not be paid a fee by the City to run the activity.
If you provide affordable fitness, recreation, sport and wellness activities and programs on the Gold Coast, we would love to help promote them.
In return our team will list approved activities in the Active & Healthy Lifestyle Guide and online calendar.
This offer is for:
- sport/recreation clubs and community organisations
- fitness professionals / allied health professionals.
- group fitness/recreation classes in a community facility or private studio/gym (e.g. yoga, tai chi, fitness, HIIT)
- sports “come and try” days and training sessions.
Click on the button below to complete the online form. You are required to:
- Provide details of current certifications and insurances. Copies of documents are not required.
- Acknowledge that you have a Risk Management plan and COVID Safe plan for each activity and location each activity is taking place.
- Attach a picture of the park and location within the park you would like to deliver the activity.
Activities must cost no more than $16 per person per session.
Activities offered must be:
- of low to medium intensity and cater for beginners
- delivered in a professional and safe manner
- community oriented
- of benefit to local residents and the area in which the activity is held.
Subscribe to our Active & Healthy Partner mailing list
Get updates delivered direct to your inbox. Don't miss out on opportunities to work with the Active & Healthy Program.
View our Privacy notice
For more information and to register your interest for the next program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Active & Healthy at your event
Active & Healthy wants to support and engage with organisations that deliver events, expos, workshop and festivals across the Gold Coast that are going to provide a benefit the community.
Together we can connect the community to increase the awareness and improve the physical, social and mental well-being of community members.
Together we can add value to your event and increase the awareness of our program.
Levels of involvement
There are different levels of involvement:
- Provide the Active & Healthy Lifestyle guide and holiday programs
- Provide promotional material
- Presentation at your event
- Attend your event via setting up an information stall
- Provide an interactive activity
Who can apply
- Community/not-for-profit organisations
- Local businesses
- Sport and recreation clubs
Each application will be reviewed and assessed upon the criteria below:
- community benefit
- exposure opportunities for the Active & Healthy program
How to apply
Register your interest in our Active & Healthy team attending your community event by completing the online application form:
Request Active & Healthy attendance at my community event
Applications are open all year round. We endeavour to be in communication within 2 weeks of submitting the application. If the event is within that time period, we will do our best to respond.