banner image
Noise complaints

Find out what you can do if you have a problem with noise in your neighbourhood.

National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Noise complaints

Noise responsibility can be a complex issue depending on variables such as the noise type, premises and location.

Noise is unwanted sound, such as barking dogs, loud music, passing traffic, construction noise. Everyone reacts differently to noise. What can be unbearable for one person may pass almost unnoticed by another. How annoyed we become depends on the loudness, time, place and frequency of the noise.

City of Gold Coast only has jurisdiction to act on certain noise complaints and shares the responsibility of noise control with other government bodies.

What to do if you are experiencing noise nuisance

Visit our Report a problem - Noise nuisance page for information on noise restrictions, who to contact if you have an issue, and how to report a City-regulated noise nuisance.

You can also download our of fact sheets about common noise types regulated by the City.

Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page