City of Gold Coast | Weddings and private gatherings at Broadwater Parklands
banner image
Save time, go online

Make the most of your precious time. Use our online services to do business with us whenever it suits you.

Weddings and private gatherings at Broadwater Parklands

Please read all terms and conditions before completing this application to ensure you are aware of any fees, bonds, permits and/or conditions that may apply. All details must be completed in order for the application to be processed. A minimum of seven (7) working days is required to process this application (longer lead times may be required for larger events). Completion/submission of this form does not constitute approval. Formal approval will be issued in writing.

Applicant details
Function details

Additional requirements

If yes, you will need to obtain a liquor permit before your application is approved. To apply for a liquor permit contact the Queensland Government Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation on 07 5581 3390.


Entertainment activities such as inflatable amusements, animal farms and pony rides will be assessed on an individual basis. The operator must have adequate public liability insurance. A bond may be required, dependant on activities or infrastructure.

A minimum of ten (10) working days is required to process this application. Availability and fee information will be provided once application has been reviewed. Payment of the application fee and hire fee is required to secure your booking. Formal approval will be issued in writing.

Terms and conditions
  • Submission of this application does not constitute an approval for park usage.
  • Full cooperation is required with other park users at all times. Public access must not be restricted in any way, other than designated areas approved for your use.
  • You must comply with all provisions of our Local Law relating to the use of parks and any other laws or conditions that may apply that are relevant to your proposed activity e.g. temporary food stall licence, animal management, etc.
  • When vacating Broadwater Parklands you must remove all items attached to any structures e.g. balloons, streamers and decorations. No such fixtures are to be attached to trees and nails or tacks are not to be used on any vegetation or structures.
  • No printed material e.g. posters, flyers etc. relating to your activity are to be distributed, displayed or affixed on/or over roads, poles or fences across the city.
  • The volume of a sound amplifier must only be as reasonably necessary for the hearing and enjoyment of persons at the activity. The sound level cannot cause disturbance to other park users or neighbouring properties.
  • The area is to be left in a tidy condition with all litter collected and placed into the receptacles provided. Any overflow of litter or where bins are not provided, is to be removed from the site by the applicant.
  • Under the Queensland Government Liquor Act 1992 no alcohol is to be consumed in a public place unless you have a liquor permit from the Queensland Government Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation.
  • Council of the City of Gold Coast (Council) may request additional information as required before approving the application and can revoke the approval at its discretion.
  • Council reserves the right to include any other conditions that may be required to ensure the protection of the parklands and will determine these conditions upon review of the application.

By checking this box and submitting this form, you certify that the information provided is complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge. You acknowledge and agree to abide by the terms and conditions enclosed with this form. In doing so, it is acknowledged that Council of the City of Gold Coast's decision in regard to the use of the facility is final, and failure to abide by these conditions may lead to the cancellation of the approval, the denial of future permit applications or other legal action.


Information privacy

Council of the City of Gold Coast (Council) is collecting your personal information in accordance with the Local Government Act 2009 in order to provide you with the services requested, to update and maintain Council's customer information records and so we may contact you.

Your information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act (Qld) 2009 and may only be accessed by Councillors, Council employees and authorised contractors.

Unless authorised or required by law, we will not provide your personal information to any other person or agency.

Please read our Policy for further information.