Fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory fields.
Use this form to submit a booking request for portable hydration stations. One of our team will contact you within five (5) working days to progress your request.
- It is the responsibility of the event organiser to arrange collection and return of hydration stations (units) from a specified location (details to be provided once booking is confirmed).
- A demonstration of set up, safe operation and pack-down will be provided (as required for existing users).
- Each refill unit measures 130 x 47 x 50 centimetres, weighs approximately 20 kilograms and comes in a carry bag (with wheels). Each fountain is approximately half the size of the refill unit. It is the responsibility of the event organiser to safely store and transport units to and from events.
- It is the responsibility of the event organisers to ensure that a site specific risk assessment is completed for the operation of hydration stations.
- During events, hydration stations need to be located near a mains water tap (within five (5) metres), visible and accessible by event attendees.
- The portable units support the Choose Tap project and aim to improve accessibility to tap water, and to provide additional refill points for the community.
- If you are posting on social media anything relating to the hydration stations, or the Choose Tap message, please acknowledge the City of Gold Coast.
- Each unit contains a water meter, which can measure the volume of water used during any particular event, and the corresponding number of bottles saved from going to landfill or ending up in the environment. Remember to take a reading prior to the start of the event, and after the event.
- Prior to returning hydration stations, make sure they are clean, all water has been emptied from hoses and all tap fittings and components are returned.
By booking one or more hydration stations for the event specified in this booking, I agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- I hold a current Public Liability policy with a limit of liability of no less than $10 million per claim, a copy of which is to be provided at the time of booking. I understand that the City of Gold Coast reserves the right to request a higher limit of liability if it determines the event to be a high risk.
- I acknowledge that the items I receive from the City of Gold Coast remain the property of the City of Gold Coast.
- I will inspect, and ensure the condition of the unit(s) receives my endorsement, before removing them from City of Gold Coast's premises.
- I agree to only use the units received from the City of Gold Coast for the purpose of providing access to drinking water.
- I will obtain permission from the owner of the site to connect any hydration station to the drinking water mains prior to connection.
- I will follow the correct setup of the unit(s), including the dismantling/pack-down procedure; according to the manufacturer's instructions provided with the unit(s).
- I will ensure all hoses and attachments are suitably managed and do not create a trip hazard.
- I acknowledge and agree that hydration stations have limitations in the water pressure and temperature of the water provided.
- I agree to be wholly responsible for the safety and security of the units, and any effect the units may have on people and property nearby, for the time between receiving the items and returning them to the City of Gold Coast.
- I will ensure supervision of the unit(s) for the duration of the event to ensure they are being used correctly.
- I will not use the unit(s) during high winds or bad weather that may cause them damage.
- I agree that the City of Gold Coast reserves the right to seek restitution for any damage or theft that occurs during the hire period, irrespective of the circumstances. Should any damage occur to the unit(s), I will discontinue use immediately and contact the City of Gold Coast at the earliest opportunity.
- I will ensure the units are stored safely and securely prior to and after events (this includes transportation to and from the event/s).
- I will ensure the units and all associated components are returned within 48 hours after the event, to ensure their availability for future bookings.
Council of the City of Gold Coast (Council) is collecting your personal information in order to provide the services requested, perform associated Council functions and services, and to update and maintain Council's customer information records. Your information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act (Qld) 2009 and may only be accessed by Councillors, Council employees and authorised contractors. Unless authorised or required by law, we will not provide your personal information to any other person or agency. For further information go to cityofgoldcoast.com.au/privacy
Council may also use your personal information in order to contact you to provide you with information regarding Council functions and services. If you do not wish to receive such information please opt out using the unsubscribe link in the communication material sent to you.