National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services


Scheduled maintenance – 7pm Friday 9 April to 8pm Sunday 11 April 2021

Some online services and payment options may be unavailable during this time. If services are unavailable, please try again later.

We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

You can pay your Council invoices and notices:

  • Online by credit card
  • Direct debit from your bank account
  • BPAY® payments via phone and internet banking
  • By phone (credit or debit card)
  • By post (cheque or money order)
  • In person at our Customer Service Centres (cheque or card only, no cash)
  • Any branch of the Commonwealth Bank (cash, cheque or card)
  • Any registered Australia Post Office (cash, cheque or card).

Online payments

Use our secure gateway to pay online from your credit card account. Please note that credit card payments will incur a surcharge of 0.66%.

You can use our online payment service to pay:

  • rate notices
  • water and sewerage rate notices
  • applications
  • infringements
  • dog registration renewals
  • permit and licence renewals (payments)
  • business partner notices
  • bonds and notices to pay
  • city debtors.

Make a payment online

Rates and water account balances

If you have registered for My Account, you can access your rates and water accounts online to check your account balance and/or request a payment plan or direct debit.

If you haven’t yet registered, visit My Account for more information.

Direct debit from your bank account

You can pay your rates and water bills by direct debit from your bank account.

If you set up direct debit payments from your account, you’ll never need to think about when to pay your rates and water bills. Your payments will be made automatically, on the date you choose.

There are no fees for a direct debit from a bank account.

To set up a direct debit payment, either:

Please read our Direct Debit Service Agreement.

When you set up a direct debit for your rates or water bill, you’ll need to select one of the following two payment options:

  • due date payment – automatically pay the full amount on the due date.
  • periodic payments – you can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments. If you choose this option, you will need to state the payment amount, date and frequency.

To set up direct debit payments, you need to:

  • be the property owner or authorised representative
  • know your notice number for your rates or water bill
  • have an account with a financial institution that offers direct debit transactions (check with your financial institution)
  • have sufficient funds available on the date your bill is due.

Note: credit card accounts are not accepted for direct debit payments.

Changes to your existing direct debit setup

You can change or cancel your direct debit at any time through My Account.

If you are not registered for My Account, you can Register for My Account now.

If you wish to change or cancel your direct debit without setting up My Account, please download and complete the Direct Debit Change Request form.

To change your bank account details, please complete a new direct debit request. This will automatically update your bank account details for your direct debit payments. You do not need to cancel your previous direct debit arrangement. To complete a new direct debit request, please choose one of the following options:

BPAY® payments using phone and internet banking

Bpay Logo

You can make payments via BPAY® through your financial institution’s phone or internet banking service. BPAY® can be used for payments from your cheque, savings, debit, credit card or transaction account. For more information, visit the BPAY website.

The table below shows the City of Gold Coast BPAY® biller codes for our different payments. You will need to enter this code and your reference number when paying with BPAY®.

BPAY® and BPAY View® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518

Type of bill BPAY® biller code Reference number
Rates 575217 Use your notice number on your latest bill.
This is a nine-digit number, beginning with a "2".
Water 868745 Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with an "8").
Business partner accounts 696963 Notice number
Dog registrations 575357 Notice number
Licence renewals 575381 Notice number
City debtors 584532 Notice number
City applications 575340 Notice number
Bonds 575340 Notice number
Infringement notices 696930 Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with a "9")
Infringement notices 575324 Notice number (nine-digit number, beginning with a "1")
Planning applications (online application only) 474585 Notice number
Other City payments (online payment request) 474684 Notice number

Phone payments

You can use your credit card or debit card to make payments by phone. Please note that payments made by credit card incur a surcharge of 0.66%.

You can make phone payments at any time of the day or night.

  • Rates, water, dog registrations, licence renewals, business partner accounts, debtors and planning applications (notices to pay/bonds)
    Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 731 (from outside Australia call +61 7 5667 5995) any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
    Reference number: use the Notice Number.
  • Infringement notices
    Call City of Gold Coast on 1300 886 841 any time to pay with MasterCard or Visa.
    Reference Number: use the Notice Number.

Postal payments

You can post your payments to us using a cheque, money order or bank draft (in Australian dollars).

Please make your payments payable to ‘City of Gold Coast’.

Send your payments to: City of Gold Coast, PO Box 5042, Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9726.

In person payments

You can make payments in person at:

  • any Customer Service Centres – pay any notice, infringement, bill or application by cheque, debit card, MasterCard or Visa (no cash accepted).
  • any branch of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia – pay your rates or water bill (no other payments accepted) using cash, cheque or money order.
  • any registered Australia Post Office – pay your rates or water bill (no other payments accepted) using cash, cheque or debit card (credit card not accepted). Payments made at Australia Post will incur a transaction fee. Please present the entire notice or bill when making your payment.

Missing or incorrect payments

If you believe you made a payment that is not showing in your account or is not showing correctly, you can ask us to check the problem.

Please complete the Missing payment form.

If possible, please provide us with the following information:

  • reference number used to make the payment
  • receipt number
  • amount paid
  • date paid.

If we identify a payment that was not correctly credited to your account, we will fix the problem.

Permit and licence renewals (acknowledgements / no fee)

Some permits and licences do not attract an annual fee (such as resident parking permits and food business licences). These permits and licences are renewed by an acknowledgement to Council.

To find out how to renew your nil fee permit or licence online, visit Permits and licensing approvals.

More information about payments

For more information about payments, please phone us on:

Help paying your rates and water bills

If you need help to manage the payment of your rates and water bills, we can help you to set up:

  • payment plans – a payment plan gives you extra time to pay, without incurring interest
  • pay in advance – you can make regular payments before your bill is issued
  • direct debit – set up automatic payments so you never need to worry about forgetting to pay your rates or water bills.

Transfer funds between your Council accounts

You can transfer funds between your City of Gold Coast accounts if the account you’re transferring from is in credit.

To request a transfer of funds:

Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page