banner image
Our City Vision

Inspired by lifestyle. Driven by opportunity.

National Relay Service for the hearing impaired Language translation services

Pensioner concessions

Queensland Government property concessions and Council Remission

You may be entitled to the State Government pensioner rates subsidy and/or City of Gold Coast's pensioner rate remission (Council Remission) on your next rates bill if you own and occupy the property and are the holder of either of the following:

  • Queensland Pensioner Concession Card; or
  • Queensland Gold Veterans' Affairs Card.

The State Government pensioner water subsidy is applied to City of Gold Coast water bills using the conditions set down by the State Government.

Find out more about Queensland Government property subsidies by visiting their Property concessions page.

Find more information about Council Remission by selecting the drop-down heading below.

Council Remission

Council receives no State government funding for this rebate and therefore to qualify for City of Gold Coast's Council Remission, pensioners must:

  • have been a ratepayer on the Gold Coast for a minimum of one year (non consecutively);
  • hold a Queensland Pensioner Concession Card or a Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) Repatriation Health Card for all conditions (Gold Card); and
  • be in receipt of 80 per cent or more of the full rate of pension payment for their pension type;
  • own and occupy the property;
  • be able to provide a current Centrelink Income Statement.

Please note: customers may be eligible for Council Remission without receiving the State Government subsidies (conditions apply).

How to apply

To enquire about your eligibility for pensioner rate and water concessions, please contact us as you may be able to apply over the phone.

Otherwise, you can complete the application for pension rate concessions form below.


When lodging your application for pensioner rate and water concessions, you must produce your current Queensland Pensioner Concession Card or Queensland Veterans' Affairs Card.

If you are receiving a foreign pension, you are required to provide proof of your foreign pension payment in the form of:

  • documentation titled Centrelink Income Statement, or a
  • Department of Veterans' Affair's letter showing your foreign pension payment amount(s).

Please note: if you hold a Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (for all conditions), proof of your pension amount is not required.

If you are currently receiving a pensioner concession on your rates and water, you do not need to re-apply unless there has been a change in your circumstances (for example, a new application would be required if you have changed from a Centrelink customer to Veterans' Affairs customer or you have moved to a new address).

For further information and assistance, contact us.

Related information

Jump to key information


Top of page Top of page