I want to
Language & literacy
We provide a range of free programs and services for members of the community who speak English as a second language.
Explore our library catalogue for resources in the following languages:
Download our handy guide below to find out which libraries hold books in which languages.
For Chinese speakers, download our guide to library resources below.
You can also download our library membership booklets in languages other than English below.
- Libraries with books in other languages PDF 404KB
- Resources for Chinese speakers PDF 617KB
- Simplified Chinese language membership booklet PDF 1.4MB
- Traditional Chinese language membership booklet PDF 1.4MB
- Japanese language membership booklet PDF 2MB
- Korean language membership booklet PDF 875KB
- Portuguese language membership booklet PDF 2.8MB
English conversation circles
If English is your second language, come along to our English conversation circles. These informal weekly sessions will give you the chance to practise your conversational English in a relaxed setting. When libraries are open, sessions occur throughout the week at multiple library locations. Trained volunteers help with these sessions.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) workshops
Get tips on what you need to know to do well in IELTS tests. Come along to our weekly workshops, developed specifically for international students. When our libraries are open, sessions take place in Burleigh Heads, Robina, Runaway Bay and Southport.
We're always interested in your feedback and looking to improve the website wherever possible.