I want to
Australia Day closure
All Gold Coast libraries will be closed for the Australia Day public holiday on Tuesday 26 January 2021. Return chutes will remain open. Regular hours resume on Wednesday 27 January.
Most libraries are now offering extended opening hours. Our hours are:
|Robina, Southport||10am – 6pm||10am – 4pm|
|Broadbeach, Elanora, Helensvale, Runaway Bay||10am – 6pm||10am – 2pm|
|Burleigh Waters, Nerang, Upper Coomera||10am – 6pm||Closed|
|Burleigh Heads, Coolangatta||10am – 4pm||Closed|
Palm Beach Library and Ormeau Book Box remain closed.
- Borrow up to 50 items with a four-week loan period.
- Pick up holds when available, no bookings required.
- Use our library PCs for 1 hour sessions.
- Wi-Fi is available during library opening hours.
Please bring your library card with you for borrowing, and for entry and exit to the library while COVID-19 contact tracing requirements are in place. Capacity limits apply in all libraries.
Non-members are invited to join with FREE membership for Gold Coast residents. See our membership page for further details and what you need to bring with you to join.
Free bus travel for seniors and veterans
Mayor Tom Tate has announced that eligible Gold Coast seniors and veterans can now ride for free on Surfside Buslines buses all day every weekend! This is in addition to off-peak hours Monday to Friday (8.30am to 3.30pm).
RBdigital eBooks and eAudiobooks
eBooks and eAudiobooks previously available through RBdigital are now available through the OverDrive app and OverDrive website. They are no longer available through RBdigital. RBdigital will continue to offer magazines until further notice.
To continue to access content, we encourage library members to download and install the OverDrive app to browse, borrow, and enjoy content.
Or, visit overdrive.com/libraries in your Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
Other service changes
Our Special Needs Library is now open for limited services.
- Special Needs Library members can now order and collect items through the library catalogue.
- Holds checked out to customers who are booked for that day will be stored and prepared on tables located within the Special Needs Library.
- Due to quarantine and cleaning requirements, only a restricted range of items are currently available to borrow.
- Visits to the library for browsing are by appointment only on Thursdays and Fridays, to help minimise the number of people in the space at any given time. Please contact us for an appointment.
While COVID-19 social distancing and other restrictions remain, we are unable to provide some services including:
- printing, photocopying or scanning
- access to library meeting rooms
- access to print newspapers, games, puzzles, toys
- advice and support for eGov transactions
- volunteer-led services
- physical library programs
- Mobile library service
- Local Studies Library
- Home library service
- Book Box early years library.
During your visit, please follow directional signage, maintain good hand and respiratory hygiene and practice social distancing of at least 1.5 metres between you and other people. Queensland Health requires you to provide your contact details upon entry to a library, regardless of age, and that we adhere to the two square metres per customer rule. This may limit the number of library members we can accommodate in each library at any given time. Please stay at home if you are unwell.
Our customer service team is here to help you.
We're always interested in your feedback and looking to improve the website wherever possible.