I want to
We're open for Browse & Borrow at most libraries (except Palm Beach and Book Box).
Libraries are open to library members only, Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm:
- Borrow up to 50 items with a four-week loan period.
- Pick up holds when available, no bookings required.
- Use our library PCs for express 30-minute sessions.
- Wi-Fi is available during library opening hours.
- Limited seating areas will be available subject to capacity limits.
Please bring your library card with you for borrowing, and for entry and exit to the library while COVID-19 contact tracing requirements are in place.
Non-members are invited to join with FREE membership for Gold Coast residents. See our membership page for further details and what you need to bring with you to join.
From Monday 16 November, most libraries will be open for longer on weekdays, and many will be open on Saturdays. Our new hours will be:
from 16 November
from 21 November
|Robina, Southport||10am – 6pm||10am – 4pm|
|Broadbeach, Elanora, Helensvale, Runaway Bay||10am – 6pm||10am – 2pm|
|Burleigh Waters, Nerang, Upper Coomera||10am – 6pm||Closed|
|Burleigh Heads, Coolangatta||10am – 4pm||Closed|
Palm Beach Library and Ormeau Book Box remain closed.
Other service changes
Our Special Needs Library is now open for limited services:
- Special Needs Library members can now order and collect items through the library catalogue.
- Holds checked out to customers who are booked for that day will be stored and prepared on tables located within the Special Needs Library.
- Due to quarantine and cleaning requirements, only a restricted range of items are currently available to borrow
- Visits to the library for browsing are by appointment only on Thursdays and Fridays, to help minimise the number of people in the space at any given time. Please contact us for an appointment.
While COVID-19 social distancing and other restrictions remain, we are unable to provide some services including:
- printing, photocopying or scanning
- access to library meeting rooms
- access to print newspapers, games, puzzles, toys
- advice and support for eGov transactions
- volunteer-led services
- physical library programs
- Mobile library service
- Local Studies Library
- Home library service
- Book Box early years library.
During your visit, please follow directional signage, maintain good hand and respiratory hygiene and practice social distancing. Queensland Health requires you provide your contact details upon entry to a library, regardless of age, and that we adhere to the four square metres per customer rule. This limits the number of library members we can accommodate in each library at any given time. Please stay at home if you are unwell.
Our customer service team is here to help you.
We're always interested in your feedback and looking to improve the website wherever possible.