I want to
Most libraries are now open for our Browse & Borrow service. Find out more.
At Gold Coast Libraries, we have a range of assistive equipment and technology to help you to access our resources more easily. Ask our friendly staff for details.
The assistive equipment and technology offered at our libraries includes:
- adaptive workstations
- large key keyboards
- handheld magnifiers
- portable audio loop
- recharge points - for mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- Adaptive workstations - height-adjustable desks, with large key keyboards (see below). Available at Helensvale, Nerang, and Southport libraries.
- Large key keyboards – keyboards with extra-large and visible keys designed for users who need them. You can also book our PCs with large keyboards.
- Handheld magnifiers - use one of our handheld magnifiers with inbuilt LED light, improving reading size and clarity. They’re also perfect if you’ve left your glasses at home.
- Audio loop - available at all library information desks, supporting people with hearing aids to access clearer and louder sound without distracting background noise. Let staff know if you require an audio loop at a library event.
- Clearview - a unique magnifier helping you to read your favourite newspaper or book at a much larger and clearer scale. It can also instantly convert any printed text into speech in more than 30 languages. Available at Broadbeach, Elanora, Helensvale, Nerang, Robina, Runaway Bay, Southport and Upper Coomera libraries.
- Recharge points - for mobility scooters and wheelchairs. Available at Broadbeach, Burleigh Heads, Elanora, Helensvale, Nerang, Palm Beach and Southport libraries.
Ask our friendly staff for more details.
Also see our Language and literacy page for further useful information including dyslexia resources.
We're always interested in your feedback and looking to improve the website wherever possible.