Ashmore - Ashmore Road, Glenmore Drive, Freda Street - roundabout upgrade
Commenced: November 2019
Completed: March 2020
Upgrade works on the Ashmore Road and Glenmore Drive / Freda Street roundabout in Ashmore are now complete.
The intersection was identified as having a higher than average crash rate. A road safety audit identified opportunities to reduce conflict points.
The safety upgrade includes:
- adding in traffic calming features (such as horizontal deflections) to encourage cars to slow down
- removing on-road bike lanes to encourage cyclists to transition off-road while crossing through the intersection
- widening the existing footpath and upgrading the road to improve its condition
- adding cut-throughs to traffic islands to encourage pedestrians walking through the intersection.
The project will reduce the likelihood of traffic incidents and improve safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Benefits to the community
- Road safety improvements through encouragement of speed reduction and improvements to line of sight.
- Enhanced off-road facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
For more information about this project contact the project manager on 07 5582 9433.
Download and view the Ashmore Road, Glenmore Drive, Freda Street - roundabout upgrade project design (PDF 312kb)
Return to top