Broadbeach Waters – Monaco Street – bridge refurbishment
Commencing: March 2021
Completion: July 2021 (weather permitting)
We will be undertaking maintenance works on the Monaco Street Bridge over Nerang River in Broadbeach Waters. These works are necessary to ensure the ongoing safety and serviceability of the bridge.
The purpose of the works is to rehabilitate the main bridge components. We will complete these refurbishment works:
- prepare and paint corroded steel bridge components
- apply a protective paint coating to concrete bridge components
- renew bridge expansion joints.
Impacts during construction
- During the works Monaco Street (over the bridge) may be reduced to one lane for short durations. No full road closures are planned, and motorist and pedestrian access will be maintained at all times during construction.
- Working hours will be between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday. Any work impacting the use of the bridge will be limited to between the hours of 9am and 3pm.
- Some works will take place beneath the bridge which may impact recreational waterway users.
- To ensure safe work operations, boating and vessel access under the bridge will need to comply with temporary navigational markers installed.
- Signage and safety controls will be in place at all times to assist residents and bridge users.
- Local residents and motorists may experience construction noise, extra lighting and minor traffic delays during the works.
- We will do our best to minimise inconvenience during the work.
Benefits of this project include:
- maintained structural integrity and extended service life of retaining structures
- improved safety to general public and road users
- reduced ongoing maintenance costs.
Thank you for your patience during these works.
For more information please contact the Project Manager on 07 5667 3780.
Location of works
Return to top