Busking is permitted within the Central Business District at Southport, Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Burleigh Heads and parts of southern Gold Coast (Coolangatta, Kirra and Tugun). A permit is required to busk.
How to apply
Complete an application for a busking permit using the online form below or download a copy to complete offline and submit at one of our customer service centres.
Ensure you review the busking guidelines before applying.
Our busking guidelines brochure provides a comprehensive guide to busking on the Gold Coast and is recommended reading prior to applying for a busking permit. The guidelines include information about:
- the application process
- locations of approved busking sites and performance times
- licensing periods
- applicable permit fees and payment details
- contact details for the relevant management agencies and City department
- other requirements.
Lost or damaged permit
Use our online form to apply for replacement approval documentation for your busking permit.
Find a link to the Busking permit - replacement approval documentation form below.
Fees apply for the above request and are detailed on the application form. Payment can be made by:
Return to top
- cash, cheque or credit card payment options are available at any of our customer service centres
- cheques or money orders made payable to City of Gold Coast can be mailed, along with the completed application form, to City of Gold Coast, PO Box 5042 GCMC QLD 9726.