Active & Healthy Mental Health Program - information for providers
Get involved with the Active & Healthy Mental Health Program and join the movement to help create a program specifically for people with a mental illness. This program will highlight all the activities running across the City of Gold Coast that support opportunities for people with a mental illness to become active and healthy.
Who can apply
- People that have completed the Mental Health First Aid course or accreditation equivalent
- Sport/recreation clubs, community organisations, fitness professionals, allied health professionals and businesses offering Gold Coast based activities.
Types of activities
- group fitness/recreation programs
- nutrition and healthy lifestyle workshops
- come and try days/training sessions
- sport/wellness community events.
Active & Healthy eligibility criteria
- Completed Mental Health First Aid Training or an equivalent accreditation
- Sufficient qualifications in your professional field and experience delivering group based programs/activities for the community
- Current first aid certificate
- Current commission for children blue card (if working with children)
- $10 million public liability insurance (individuals or businesses)
- Activity pricing structure to be promoted in the booklet – nothing over $15 per hour for each participant
Distribution of this program
The Active & Healthy Mental Health Program will be used by health professionals, allied health, general practitioners and the mental health industry. They will be recommending clients to get involved in these supportive and welcoming activities.
Want to be part of project?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting the activities you are currently running on the Gold Coast.
Return to top